Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
still_dreaming_1

Default 3rd monitor only works sporadically

With the latest driver I was finally able to use monitors connected to my ANKER USB 3.0 dock on Linux Mint! Unfortunately it is not very stable. I am using the latest Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon. I have 3 external monitors being used. Two of them are directly connected to my laptop graphics card. The third is connected to the dock DVI port. The 3rd monitor will occasionally flicker black and then come back on. Sometimes it does not come back on. Sometimes when I first boot up, it doesn't come on to begin with. I have to logout and in repeatedly until it turns on. Usually I don't have to do that though. Normally when I first boot up, my monitors will turn on and off a few times and then they all turn on and stay on, at least for a while.

Initially I could not get it to work at all. I deleted my ~/.config/monitors.xml file and rebooted, then it started working. Prior to that it had a bunch of configurations in it. Even now, it won't let me configure things from the Display control panel. When I click the icon for the 3rd monitor, the program becomes unresponsive, and does not visually indicate what I am doing. I would like to leave my built in laptop monitor on as well, which would mean I have 4 monitors going, but then that one becomes unstable as well. Actually I would like to also connect one more monitor to the dock's HDMI port, but I have not had a chance to try it yet. That would be 5 monitors, which would be awesome and highly productive! Two connected to the graphics card, plus the laptop built in monitor, plus 2 connected to the dock.

Last edited by still_dreaming_1; 06-01-2016 at 12:02 AM.
still_dreaming_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor blanks out