Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release

Old 12-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
troykelly

It would appear that DisplayLink are yet to catch up to the rest of us.

From http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.html

Quote:
We have a beta driver available to support the upcoming release of Apple's new operating system, Snow Leopard. This release also brings improvements to existing supported versions of Mac OS X
Erm - Snow Leopard is not upcoming. It was released on August 28, 2009.

The last beta version of the DisplayLink driver was released on 19th October 2009. For those playing at home, that's ~after~ the public release date of Snow Leopard by 35 business days. That's well over a month to either remove the "upcoming" comment and save some embarrassment, or get their stuff together and release a working 64bit version.

What is really rubbing salt in the wound is

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: This driver is not compatible with 64-bit Snow Leopard. We are currently focusing on 32 bit development, and will aim to release a 64-bit compatible driver later in the year.
We are nine days away from the end of the year. How much ~later~ in the year would they like it to be before a working (non-beta) 10.6 64bit driver is released?

I am riled up because I purchased a "Mac Compatable" monitor from Mimo Monitors. I checked that it supported OSX, but obviously I didn't check hard enough. I don't consider "beta" drivers support, and given that our machines all currently run in 64 bit mode - we are currently without a platform to work with these monitors at all.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
troykelly

Exclamation Make Manufacturers Aware

I think we perhaps need to attack this from two angles.

Firstly, we need to ensure that DisplayLink understand that there is a large enough group of people who are seeking the 64bit version of the driver. So, as much as I am not a fan of "me too" posts in forums, given that this doesn't support voting - anybody with a need for working 64bit drivers should make themselves known.

Secondly, and I would suggest - more importantly, we need to make the manufacturers of the products that we are purchasing aware that simply "outsourcing" driver development to DisplayLink is unacceptable.

Log support tickets, call help lines, whatever needs to be done. But, contact your hardware supplier and ask them where a 64bit driver is?

(For that matter, ask where a non-beta 10.6 driver is )
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
xcomme

Too bad that Mimo claims their products are compatible with Mac OS 10.6 SL. Unfortunately I still could not find 64bit driver like others. My iMo Touch Pivot just sits quietly on my desktop.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
The_Tsar@pacbell.net

Angry Wake-up From Sleep Mode

Hit and miss on my Mimo 710s waking up after system (iMAC with 10.6.2 O/S) in Sleep Mode.

I just received a MIMO 710S for Christmas. Install latest Beta DisplayLink driver for my iMac. All seems to work well, except when attempting to "wake" up system after iMac is in Sleep Mode.

Most of the time the Mimo display unit will not wake up (black screen) and the iMac screen freezes without mouse. Must completely re-start system - then work fine until next sleep.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #15
robthecomputerguy

I intend to use 64 bit mode in SL and expect a driver to be released for this before now... There is no "we're concentrating on 32 bit mode"... write the driver so it works in 64 bit mode. If you need to hire someone who can do that for you then hire someone who has that knowledge! Get to it already! I bought TWO of these boxes just a few weeks ago and I want this done !
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience regarding 64 bit Snow Leopard support. Please check out our recent announcement regarding the beta release of a driver to support 64 bit versions of Snow Leopard.

Regards

Seb
Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
John Booty

Default Thanks, DisplayLink

Thank you for your hard work.

I am frustrated with the lack of proper 3D acceleration on your Mac products, but as a software developer myself I understand that you are caught between a rock and a hard place -- hungry users on one side, and Apple's lack of cooperation on the other.

Thank you for all you've accomplished so far.