Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs

Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

As stated in my previous posts, we would only want to consider releasing a fully productized solution. Windows 7 is now our main focus for development and we have no plans for any specific Windows XP work.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #12
burtonice00

Default DisplayLink FAIL!

I'm a trader and so system stability is crucial for my business, which is why I am still on xp 64-bit and have not yet upgraded to windows 7 due to potential incompatibility issues with my trading software. I'm sure there are many other customers who purchased a product using the displaylink drivers and are disappointed that XP x64 is not supported. There are other solutions, such as the StarTech USB to VGA Multi Monitor External Video Adapter which supports windows xp 64-bit. it's about $50
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ECH-_-15158162

It would be nice for displaylinks to spend just a couple of hours to release a 64-bit driver on the forum so those of us who have already spent the money for a displaylink driven product can USE IT.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
knpmaster

Angry we need xp x64 driver

I also agree that a XP x64 driver for these display devices are much needed.

I recall trying to get iTunes to work on my XP x64, and the install wouldn't continue because of retarded agreements between Apple and Microsoft. After a bit of hacking/googling I stumbled across information in order to get iTunes to work with XP x64. The problem was simple: Microsoft wanted to push their new operating system (windows7) and made Apple agree to install blocks to block the iTunes installer from working on XP x64, even though the same drivers for 64-vista and 64-windows 7 would still work on XP x64.

I sure hope DisplayLink doesn't suck like big name companies like Apple and Microsoft who make these gay agreements to stop you from developing on other/older systems.

BOTTOM LINE: MAKE XP X64 DRIVERS. Plenty of people need them. You should show support for your users.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
TheSovereign

Default It appears displaylink does not wish to help us.

I have been able to extract the files from the driver installer. any chance we in the community can work out a hack? seeing as how displaylink wants the community to put out a linux driver i dont see why they should stop us from making an x64 driver.

Ive been able to make it install up until it needs to run DisplayLinkManager.exe at that point it tells me the software wont work with my version of windows.
I'm thinking hex editing??? I will try my luck and get back here.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 AM   #15
YoG

Thumbs down Dissapointed!

I also bought this product, assuming it would run on my XP 64 (on the boxcover it reads: XP/Vista/7 32/64 bit.. kinda hard to interpret its actually not for XP64)

I still use XP because its so nice to use. All of my hardware works with it, they ALL have 64 bit XP drivers. So that made me assume this device would work on my OS.
Windows 7 does not support all of my hardware or software, and its lot slower too use than XP

Maybe you can release some kind of unofficial use-at-your-own-risk driver, or at least provide us with the extracted files in the setup-file so we can experiment ourselfs? Im pretty sure there are people on this forum that can mod INF files and such to make it compatible with xp64.

I noticed Windows server 2003 is now supported in the latest 5.6 driver. Afaik the core of this OS is almost similar to XP. So thatīll close the gap even further to port the driver to xp64, right?
You guys released so many different drivers, its hard to understand not one of them is made for xp64.
Maybe one of the older 4.x or 3.x will work?

Quote:
I have been able to extract the files from the driver installer. any chance we in the community can work out a hack? seeing as how displaylink wants the community to put out a linux driver i dont see why they should stop us from making an x64 driver.
can you post the files somewhere on the net? Such as http://www.zippyshare.com/ (no need to register to upload)

Quote:
Ive been able to make it install up until it needs to run DisplayLinkManager.exe at that point it tells me the software wont work with my version of windows.
Have you tried running the program in a different compatible mode? Rightclick the file, select properties and then tab Compatibility. You can try another OS in the dropdown menu.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
Deedubb74

Default Very disappointed

I bought this item in good faith. There was no indication that it would not work on XP64. After reading these posts and the response I am further disappointed. Waste of money and waste of time. Two things which I do not have.

Please release a patch or some such so we can get the item working with XP64. No more lame comments back indicating that it is not worth your time in doing so.

No kind regards here!!! (except for all who have posted before with similar problems and possible solutions. Thank you to you folks.)
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #17
jselin

I just registered to voice my need for a XP64 driver as well. "Upgrading" to Win7 64 would require big spending on software to continue doing business. Don't get me wrong, the bottom line is really important but I think spending some man hours on this without any expectation of a return is the "right" move. Its not like Displaylink would incur much in terms of real costs... programmers are fixed cost and they spend half their day gaming anyway