Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
kapstok

Default no ethernet

Kensington Universal Docking station now more or less working: mouse and keyboard functioning, screen does not go black and the onboard software does not want to install itself (for now anyway) and I can close the lid and when I open it again I still have a working screen ! So far so good.

However... the ethernet will NOT work today, where it worked just fine yesterday. Of course plugging the internet cable directly into the laptop solves this but still....

Suggestions are welcome...
kapstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Wim

If the Ethernet is not working, I suspect the DisplayLink software is not fully installed. The DL software controls the power to the Ethernet chip in this dock for the auto install.

Please follow this article to install the DisplayLink software again:

http://kb.displaylink.com/322

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
kapstok

Smile

Thanks for your time Wim.

I uninstalled everything, even used an uninstall tool I got from Kensington support. Then I followed the steps in KB322. All went well apart from this part:

"The auto install on the dock will try to run. Let it start installing, and it should immediately exit as there is later software installed. But it will set flag to state that the auto install has run, so it should not run again."

I HAVE seen this happen a week or so ago but not this time. Result was still no ethernet, even though the rest of the docking worked fine.

So I uninstalled again. Used the onboard software, disconnected docking, updated software with the Kensington stuff and then updated that with the latest software from the Displaylink site. This time no black screens, no changing screen resolutions and ... working ethernet ! And this has been the case for 2 whole days now so fingers crossed it will keep working.
kapstok is offline   Reply With Quote