Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
ilikepapier

Default Audio Problems

I'm having problems with audio with my Kensington SD4700P. It will work fine when first booted up, but after waking from sleep, the audio frequently stops working. The device does not appear in the volume controls menu in the top-right corner (where it does normally) and programs like Apple Music and Spotify sit there doing nothing, presumably waiting for a response from the audio device.

I can solve the problem somewhat by either unplugging the device and plugging it back in again or by running
Code:
sudo killall coreaudiod
in the terminal. However, the device still isn't listed in the volume controls and – more annoyingly – alert sounds won't play over the device. Instead the main screen flashes at me.

The only way around this is restarting, but the problem is far too frequent for this to be a real solution.

I'm on macOS 11.1 and using DisplayLink Manager 1.2

Thanks for any help!
ilikepapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
ilikepapier

A little update.

When the system sound stops working, this error comes up in the console whenever the computer tries to play an alert sound:
error 10:00:45.009797+0100 systemsoundserverd AudioDeviceGetPropertyInfo: no device with given ID

Killing systemsoundserverd and letting it restart doesn't change anything.

I also found another app struggling to find the audio device, but this time it gives the ID:
error 10:02:15.557360+0100 BetterTouchTool AudioObjectHasProperty: no object with given ID 79
ilikepapier is offline   Reply With Quote