Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 07:00 PM   #1
someonesometime

Cool Login screen extension not working

I have a Mac mini connected via a Belkin Dock to two Displays. This works perfect. Except for the startup, where no login window is displayed (probably because the Mac mini does not have a direct display connected to it).

Therefor I have installed the Login screen extension of DisplayLink (via the menu in the menu bar). But this was useless and nothing has changed - I still have to use an additonal cable from the Mac mini to the display to see the login window and to log in. Even so the DisplayLink says "Login screen extension status: Installed".

So how can I fix this problem and make sure I can use the Mac login window with DisplayLink before any user is logged in?

Thanks for your help and advice!
someonesometime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:31 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesometime View Post
I have a Mac mini connected via a Belkin Dock to two Displays. This works perfect. Except for the startup, where no login window is displayed (probably because the Mac mini does not have a direct display connected to it).

Therefor I have installed the Login screen extension of DisplayLink (via the menu in the menu bar). But this was useless and nothing has changed - I still have to use an additonal cable from the Mac mini to the display to see the login window and to log in. Even so the DisplayLink says "Login screen extension status: Installed".

So how can I fix this problem and make sure I can use the Mac login window with DisplayLink before any user is logged in?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote