Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
pcaron

Default Unable to get a stable setup

So I've got a Macbook Pro 2018 and have been trying to get everything connected through this ThinkPad Dock...been messing with it for days, reinstalling all types of drivers and still cannot get the setup I want.

I've got ethernet, two USB devices, and two monitors (through DisplayPort and HDMI) on the latest version of Mojave Beta 6. Before today, I was running the latest 4.3 Beta 6 driver version and had 1 monitor connected successfully via AirPlay Display.

Connected a 2nd monitor today, which only mirrored my Macbook's screen, never showed up under Displays settings. Rebooted, and now both displays are black screens, neither show up in Displays, and AirPlay is literally not useable.

Upgrading to Mojave was probably a mistake and, unless I find a solution soon, I'll probably downgrade back to 10.13.6. If anyone has any ideas on current setup, that'd be awesome!

Thanks!
pcaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
pcaron

Every time I plug my Mac into the dock, I get different behavior. But I can mess with it enough to consistently get 1 monitor to work fine, and the 2nd external will just mirror the Mac's screen. That 2nd monitor doesn't show up in Display settings and since I can't close the lid and work, then I'm forced to turn off the 2nd display and just work with this set up. Looking at other posts, it seems like we'll just be waiting for another update from DisplayLink and/or Apple in the near future...
pcaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brokwen, displays, dock, dual, mojave