Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
caeeln

Default Freezes when watching youtube video

Hi there

I've a clean installed windows 8.1 laptop with up-to-date drivers (installed windows yesterday). I use a Lenovo USB to DVI adapter.

I use the monitor only for "normal things" like surfing and watching youtube videos. Surfing works without any problems, but until I watch a video, the monitor freezes after some seconds. I have to plug-out plug-in again.

Went trough the FAQ but nothing helped. Tested all my usb ports (I only have USB 3.0) but same results. Also had two other DVI and a HDMI cable.

Thank you for your help
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLADE_20141019_135744.zip (762.7 KB, 2 views)
caeeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Do you see this if playing the same YouTube clip on your notebook (with the dock disconnected)?

Do you get the freeze when YouTube is playing in a Window or Full Screen or both?

Can you still use the notebook mouse and keyboard when the freeze occurs?

Lastly is this browser specific?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
caeeln

Hi James

Sorry for very very late reply. Moved to other house etc .

Last week I saw the monitor and thought I'll give it a try. Downloaded newest version but still freezing...

To answer your questions:

Seems to freeze more when in Full Screen but also Windowed freezes - but maybe I just think it is more in Full Screen because I go always in Full Screen. Sometimes the monitor freezes when I just browse the internet.

Twitch seems to work better than Youtube. Twitch doesn't use HTML5 Video streaming but cannot tell if that is the reason?

If the monitor freezes I can still use the Notebook. When it freezes you can hear USB plug-in/plug-out sound and notebook gets dark and then you see it again and can use it (like when you plug-in/plug-out a normal monitor directly through HDMI or DVI).

Browser doesn't matter.

Thanks
caeeln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, freeze, video