Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
kurtchambers

Default AOC e1659Fwu (USB) with Mac Mini (OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion) + DisplayLink 2.1

I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate place to submit this inquiry, or if it has been answered already, but I am at a loss as to how to make this monitor work with the setup described. In spite of preparing computer in accordance with all instructions I've found, when powered on, the display, though it powers on, does not seem to detect the computer, displaying only a screen saver of a diagram indicating to plug cable into monitor.

The Mac Mini is new, updated to latest release of Mountain Lion (10.8.5). I first tried DisplayLink version 2.0, then learned of 2.1 and installed that. So as far as I know I'm using the latest compatible versions of OSX and DisplayLink, but display never works.

I am new to these USB displays, so maybe I am missing something. But my understanding is that display when connected should show desktop right away. Unfortunately I have no other USB displays to test with the setup, so I can't discern whether display is defective. Just wondering if anyone else has this same AOC model and is successfully using it with a Mac. Thanks.
kurtchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
RivieraDude

Unhappy Same Problem..please advise (DisplayLink personnel)

I have exactly same problem with 2.1 driver on an OS X 10.8.5 installation. Virtual Vid Buffer their (by looking at displays Ctrl Panel), but nothing on DVI Monitor (black scorn). This HW cig worked fine b4 update from 10.7.4 to 10.8.5 (that broke it...even install of your 2.1 driver didn't fix it).

Please advise!!!!
RivieraDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aoc, e1659fwu, mac, mountain lion, usb