Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Dcp

Unhappy Black screen w/ cursor using a D6000

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a good direction with my problem. I'm currently using a D6000 dock w/ 2 Samsung monitors through a Dell 5580. I'm running the 1709 version for W10 & I've got a Intel 630 onboard.

I am having a problem when trying to resume from sleep or after a restart. I primarily use my laptop with the LCD lid closed & I intend to use the larger external displays as my primary displays (Both at 1080p).

After a restart or wake from sleep I get a black screen with a cursor & I cannot sign in normally to Windows 10. Would this be a limitation of my setup since the video is being driven through the docking station via software/hardware?

I've already updated all the drivers from Dell & DisplayLink. The only way I can sign back in is by opening the laptops LCD again then I get the Windows login screen.

Thanks,
DCP
Dcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
astruzyna

Hello DCP,

Thank you for describing your issue.

Could you please confirm if in Display Settings you have one of the external monitors chosen as the 'main display'? Or is the 'main display' set to your laptop?

Kind regards,
Aga S
astruzyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Dcp

Its set to the 2nd monitor
Dcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
astruzyna

Hello,

Please try setting the 'Main screen' to one of the external displays. The login window should appear on the screen you chose as your 'main screen' from now on when the laptop's lid is closed.

Kind regards,
Aga
astruzyna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, cursor, d6000, screen, sleep