Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-07-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
SeaClone

Default Dell XPS 13

When I try to install the display link software on a brand new (March 2017) Dell XPS laptop running Windows 10 Home, it keeps stopping at the compatibility check. It says that I need to update my OEM drivers on my PC graphics hardware. In device manager, my only display adapter shown is a Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor. I know the graphics card is an integrated Intel® HD Graphics 520. Could the fact that the display adaptor recognized being the generic MS basic display adaptor cause this issue? Or is there some other way to get around this problem to install the software? I tried using the switch that ignores the compatibility check, but then the computer only recognizes the Dell D3100 Dock as an "USB Display Adaptor" twice, but will not recognize a monitor being connected to the dock.

Last edited by SeaClone; 04-07-2017 at 02:39 AM.
SeaClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,

You need to install the Intel graphics driver, unless you update your XPS to use Windows 10 Anniversary or Creators Update.

Using the basic graphics adapters limits the graphics performance greatly so even without using DisplayLink technology, there is no reason to not use the proper graphics driver designed for your machine.
Dell puts the graphics drivers for their machines on their website. You can use Support Assist or your tag number on their website to download the appropriate driver for your machine.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d3100, dell, windows 10 anniversary, xps 13