Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2023, 08:12 AM   #21
Bah434x

This is a macOS feature its part of the enhanced privacy and security setting telling you that an app or devices is using a screen record function to extend displays,

You may also see it you use things like zoom and remote desktop Desktop software

it isn't actually recording anything though
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 09:16 PM   #22
tlitony

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticine View Post
Yeah let us know. I have not installed Sonoma yet, but I have the 1.9.1 working fine, so I'm waiting to have more positive feedback
To give you an update with a bit of testing... I have come to no conclusive determination about when this lags. I updated 1.1 A2, and the issue persists. The trackpad lag may not be AS bad, but it still exists, and my main gripe is that it feels like I'm running < 30 FPS probably 65% of the time.

I don't know why it does it, though. Sometimes I'll load my CPU up more (never more than 40%) and won't lag, and sometimes, I'll have two tabs open on my two monitors (with 10% util.), and I'll want to shoot myself in the foot.

Somedays, I want to just daisy chain my setup and be done with this BS... For now, I will ride this misery out and save myself the 15m it'd take to install 1.8.
tlitony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 12:49 PM   #23
broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello, can you state the product you are using, please?
We have had no report of loss of functionality on the DL side with Sonoma using our app v1.9
Some docks use multiple video technologies and these alternative technologies are not driven by DisplayLink app. That's usually the case on current 3-display docking stations.
Therefore, waiting for a new app from us may be fruitless.

Could you please reach out to the tech support helpline so they look into the device you are using ?
Here is what to email them: https://support.displaylink.com/know...rticles/755301

Regards,
Alban
Hello

I'm using Baseus docking station. Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the past, Displaylink has always worked with this dock, after updating to Sonoma no longer accepts a third monitor. Is there any chance that this problem will also be solved?
broadband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:19 AM   #24
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadband View Post
Hello

I'm using Baseus docking station. Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the past, Displaylink has always worked with this dock, after updating to Sonoma no longer accepts a third monitor. Is there any chance that this problem will also be solved?
Hello Broadband,
The dock in the link doesn't seem to use DisplayLink technology as it only supports 4kp60 as a single display and the max resolution drops to 1080p in 3 displays. That sounds like MST as the DL-6950 max resolution doesn't vary based on number of monitors connected.
You either have an hybrid dock looking the same, or it isn't DL at all. In either case, the 3rd output would not be driven by DL technology and the DisplayLink Manager app doesn't interact with it/them.
I'd recommend contacting the seller/manufacturer as they may have a firmware update.
It would not be the first time that a change made in macOS (via an OS update) means the chip need an update.
Regards, Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:32 AM   #25
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
This is a macOS feature its part of the enhanced privacy and security setting telling you that an app or devices is using a screen record function to extend displays,

You may also see it you use things like zoom and remote desktop Desktop software

it isn't actually recording anything though
Yes, unfortunately we do not have choice as this is built-in macOS.

The only way to change this would be for you to also report that to the OS vendor as the message being not desired or helpful for docks as it means the icon is pretty much always here, stopping its usefulness.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #26
plasticine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlitony View Post
To give you an update with a bit of testing... I have come to no conclusive determination about when this lags. I updated 1.1 A2, and the issue persists. The trackpad lag may not be AS bad, but it still exists, and my main gripe is that it feels like I'm running < 30 FPS probably 65% of the time.

I don't know why it does it, though. Sometimes I'll load my CPU up more (never more than 40%) and won't lag, and sometimes, I'll have two tabs open on my two monitors (with 10% util.), and I'll want to shoot myself in the foot.

Somedays, I want to just daisy chain my setup and be done with this BS... For now, I will ride this misery out and save myself the 15m it'd take to install 1.8.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for your update, I will hold the macOs update until better feedback comes
plasticine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:49 PM   #27
broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Broadband,
The dock in the link doesn't seem to use DisplayLink technology as it only supports 4kp60 as a single display and the max resolution drops to 1080p in 3 displays. That sounds like MST as the DL-6950 max resolution doesn't vary based on number of monitors connected.
You either have an hybrid dock looking the same, or it isn't DL at all. In either case, the 3rd output would not be driven by DL technology and the DisplayLink Manager app doesn't interact with it/them.
I'd recommend contacting the seller/manufacturer as they may have a firmware update.
It would not be the first time that a change made in macOS (via an OS update) means the chip need an update.
Regards, Alban
I just got all three monitors working again. Reconnecting the DPLink adapter helped.
broadband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 07:55 AM   #28
Tikumo

Default Weird sharing box

All of a sudden after upgrading I've got this sharing box in the bar.
If I click "stop sharing" the image halts.

It creeps me out.

Is there a fix for this?

Also it has gotten more laggy.

Tikumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:06 PM   #29
xkadirx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlitony View Post

I have that same problem. Will there be an update on this issue soon? @AlbanRampon
xkadirx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:28 PM   #30
Trogdyr

Default Working for me now...

I was experiencing same issues listed here. Created an account and am posting to share what worked for me.

I have M1 Macbook Pro (no touch bar version). Dell D6000 Dock. 2x external LG 2560x1440 monitors.

>In DisplayLink Manager menu icon, enable experimental 3008x and 2560x modes.
>Go into Mac Display Settings
>Select external monitor
>Toggle "Show All Resolutions"
>IMORTANT - There are now two 1440 resolutions. MAKE SURE the 2560 x 1440 (Low Resolution) is selected. NOT the (Default)
>Select correct hz. I can go up to 75hz on mine, but selected 60hz to save on the dock bandwidth.

The (Low Resolution) was the key to fix mine. If I select (Default) it goes back to crappy lag. Tested with same positive result on 1.8.1 and 1.10. It doesn't matter what version you are on. You made need to restart app or unplug, re-plug in dock to have it propoerly recognize new resolutions.

Hope this helps someone.
Trogdyr is offline   Reply With Quote