Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
gabrlknght

Question Displaylink and Temperature Sensor Readouts...

Hi all, I posted about this issue earlier in Reddit's NZXT forums to alert NZXT that their CAM software incorrectly reports temperature sensor readouts from my Displaylink screen (AOC 15" USB3 monitor) when viewing system stats.

I assure you that the temps from usage on my end are just fine, but I wanted to also note this to the Displaylink team in case anything could be happening on the driver end...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/commen...710i_aer2_rgb/ <- original thread where I pointed out issue first to NZXT in the hopes that it might just be something related to CAM software.

Quoted from my post on NZXT's subreddit: "the incorrect GPU temperature readout from my CAM software and the Z73 CPU cooler. I've noticed inside CAM that it's reading the temperature readout from my AOC Displaylink USB3 monitor w/ a readout that's off by a factor of 10...It seems like the decimal point(s) are getting misplaced in the readouts here, for the most part. I assure you that the GPU and system HW are perfectly fine and I have been running it smoothly w/o error aside from noticing this aberration."

That's all, really. So far, my Displaylink device has worked beautifully out of the box and I'm using it exactly for my streaming needs w/o issue. I just wanted to bring this to the team's attention (along w/ NZXT already) in case there's something on the driver end that can be addressed for this particular issue. Thank you for your time and cheers for the good work on Displaylink so far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mymachine.jpg (96.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg displaylink-cam-readout.jpg (13.3 KB, 2 views)
gabrlknght is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, driver, readout, sensor, temperature