Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
iconoplast

Default 1 Device not Booting Correctly (i.e. 8060# in Hardware ID)

Hi, I have been gone through the troubleshooting steps, my issue may be based on multiple graphics extensions (3 total, 2 Sabrenet and 1 Arkview), I had bought the Arkview first and the Sabrenets a couple years ago. Getting all 3 extensions working had been an issue, I think when I put on my current OS, I had to play around to get all 3 working. Then about a month ago I upgraded my Nvidia 570 to a 770 and one extension wasn't working. I was able to wipe my drivers, unplug all the unaffected extensions, get the extension that wasn't working, working upon reset and then the other 2 followed suit, as they were not an issue.

This evening I bumped the cable (ever so slightly) with my leg and it did the black screen shuffle and promptly stopped working. I tried for an hour to try to get it to work, seems under the Product ID, in device manager, it shows and 8060 and won't reboot at all, even when I wipe the drivers and reset, trying to add it to the mix by unplugging everything with and without the other extensions plugged in, which work fine. Everything is connected directly to my computer and my other units are working, another odd thing that happened is I was able to "swap" the problem from one Sabrenet extension to the other one, so I literally had one not working and so I uninstalled the displaylink drivers, reinstalled them, plugged in the affected one it started working, but now the other sabrenet is not not working, so this is clearly a software issue. I updated my USB 3.0 controller and graphics drivers, etc.

Please help.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip JAMES-PC_20131216_003248.zip (1.55 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by iconoplast; 12-16-2013 at 04:46 AM.
iconoplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
iconoplast

BUMP - No reply on this for weeks, any input, this is not an issue with the unit.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Wim

If it is coming up as PID 0x8060, then it is coming up in manufacturing mode and no longer booting correctly. More information here:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=324

If completely unplugging it and reconnecting it doesn't recover it, then it will need to be returned I'm afraid as it cannot be recovered by a user.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
iconoplast

Thank you for your response. This is not a new card, I've had it for 1-2 years and it's been. I've had this issue 2 times in the past and got it to work fine. For instance, I upgraded my video card a month or so ago and had the problem and started gradually adding my 3 displaylink cards until the configuration worked. The card was literally working until I kick the cable out ever so slightly and now it's not coming back and there was no direct contact with the unit.

In addition, 2 of the units are identical, there was a problem on monitor 5, that was 8060ing on me, but, I was able to swap the cards and get that card to work, so the card going into monitor 4, now is not working, so this seems like a card compatibility problem that is very finicky. Any further insight in this context?

Last edited by iconoplast; 01-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
Wim

Its still the same problem. PID 8060 means the device is not booting properly.

It is possible that the DVI cable is putting back voltage into the adapter on the i2c lines that read the monitor data. Try plugging in USB first, then connecting the monitor, to make sure the DVI cable is not 1/2 powering up the adapter, causing it not to boot properly when you plug it into USB.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
iconoplast

Thank you for your advice, the fact it stopped working with the nudge and that the same problem persisted threw me.

I just tested it step wise, first plugged in the USB cable, then the Unit, the unit itself came up with an 8060 tag, which indicates there is an issue with the unit, should I contact the manufacturer?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoplast View Post
Thank you for your advice, the fact it stopped working with the nudge and that the same problem persisted threw me.

I just tested it step wise, first plugged in the USB cable, then the Unit, the unit itself came up with an 8060 tag, which indicates there is an issue with the unit, should I contact the manufacturer?
Hi,

I'd suggest contacting the vendor of this device.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote