Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
bmhicks78

Default Audio Only Showing "Remote Audio"

I recently started a new job and received a "new to me" Dell Precision D3800. 6 years old, but I have to make it work until the company purchases new ones later this year. Such is life.

I work remotely and have QTY 2 27" Ultra Wides. My workspace is small, so I only have one monitor setup for personal/work. Thus, I use work from my personal computer, and then RDP into my work laptop. Native display drivers didn't like the monitors, so had to get a docking station.

Work purchased me the SuperSpeed D3000. Installed the DisplayLink driver and installed. Video is great, no issues at all.

Audio has been less than awesome. Right now the only audio device listed is "Remote Audio". There are no abilities to install additional devices. Thus, it only plays through my personal PC's speakers.
I would prefer to use either the USB Jabra 410 conference speaker I have, or at worst connect with Bluetooth with my Bose QC35's. Otherwise I have no abilities to Teams / Skype / etc.

I don't have a full blown DisplayLink GUI on my computer. The only thing I could find online to download is the USB Graphics driver. I have an icon in my system tray which shows me the version, or shows me the audio / video windows in the control panel. Neither allows for interaction.

Anyone know of a way to do this where I can use different audio devices in this setup? I assume that RDP is the issue here, however would prefer to stick with this method based on physical footprint of my home office.
bmhicks78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DisplayLink.

I have run a quick reproduction process just to verify it. When connecting headphones to SuperSpeed D3000 I noticed that Device Manager gives notification about new device being connected and the sound may be heard through them. The name that is present in sound options is Dell USB Audio.

May you please follow the third link in my signature to gather the log files for me?

Based on them I will be able to follow with further analysis.

Best Regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote