Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
JonathanRosado

Default High Sierra - Can't authorize the app?

Hi,

I've been trying to get my DisplayLink device to work with my Macbook Air 2015 running on High Sierra 10.13.1 but whenever I try to click on "Allow" in the Security & Privacy panel, nothing happens, it doesn't seem to react to my clicks since the message is still there. I did unlock Security & Privacy preferences by typing my password but it doesn't seem to change anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DisplayLink app and I always get the message that the app installed successfully but it still doesn't display anything.

I know the device works well since I've tested it on my windows and it works fine.

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks

Jonathan
JonathanRosado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #2
mattbehnken

I had a similar issue, except I was logging into the computer remotely. Apparently the click on "allow" had to be local. Probably not your issue, but there's a chance
mattbehnken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
pianturin

Issue by mirroring mode:
- Open display setting and toggle "Mirror Displays" on
- Forced to log out
- Only display link monitor is on, main display is blank
- Revert back to dual display mode
pianturin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
cavanscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanRosado View Post
Hi,

I've been trying to get my DisplayLink device to work with my Macbook Air 2015 running on High Sierra 10.13.1 but whenever I try to click on "Allow" in the Security & Privacy panel, nothing happens, it doesn't seem to react to my clicks since the message is still there. I did unlock Security & Privacy preferences by typing my password but it doesn't seem to change anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DisplayLink app and I always get the message that the app installed successfully but it still doesn't display anything.

I know the device works well since I've tested it on my windows and it works fine.

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks

Jonathan
I've got a similar problem. I'm using a ASUS MB168B second monitor on both my iMac and MacBook.

I installed the latest version of display link on the MacBook, was given the option of allowing it on the MacBook Pro and everything works fine.

However I tried the same on the iMac and, although the driver downloaded perfectly, was never given the option of allowing the software under Security and Privacy. Therefore the software installs but the screen doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do please?

Cheers,

Cavan
cavanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

The Apple documentation states that the option to enable the kext is only given for 30 minutes after the latest attempted load.
The quickest way should be to run in Terminal:
sudo kextutil /Library/Extensions/DisplayLinkDriver.kext

And then got to system preferences and enable the ket. Remember to unlock the settings with an administrator account!
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote