Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-15-2021, 06:26 PM   #1
pweil

Default DisplayLink Manager: where's the UI?

I've installed DisplayLink Manager 1.5 on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7, hooked up to D6000 and a Dell U2717D display. According to the support page, when you launch the Manager app, there should be a UI and an option for downloading the Logon Extension. I don't get a UI; when I launch the Manager app, my display comes on. Do I have to do this every time I boot up or log in?
pweil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Please check in the right top corner if you see an icon of two monitors overlapping each other. This is the user interface which should have a check box to allow the application to start automatically when you log in and then there should be an option to download and install the login screen extension.

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Last edited by KatarzynaCzaja; 10-21-2021 at 07:37 AM.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweil View Post
I've installed DisplayLink Manager 1.5 on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7, hooked up to D6000 and a Dell U2717D display. According to the support page, when you launch the Manager app, there should be a UI and an option for downloading the Logon Extension. I don't get a UI; when I launch the Manager app, my display comes on. Do I have to do this every time I boot up or log in?
DisplayLink has a detailed Knowledge Base article that describes how the application works here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ntroduction-in
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
pweil

I finally found it -- it's in the menu bar, right side. That isn't really made clear in the docs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,

Please check in the left top corner if you see an icon of two monitors overlapping each other. This is the user interface which should have a check box to allow the application to start automatically when you log in and then there should be an option to download and install the login screen extension.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
pweil is offline   Reply With Quote