Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
lightstorm22

Default Display not detected on Targus ACP70USZ

Hello,

I am using a Targus Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station ACP70USZ with a Dell XPS 13 (L321X). It has worked fine for weeks, but suddenly whenever I boot up in the morning and connect the USB 3.0 port, everything works except the monitor. No USB display adapter is detected or shows up in Device Manager. No Windows Updates came in the day it stopped working. I had hidden the latest Fresco USB 3.0 update since a friend with the same docking station had issues, but installed it during troubleshooting this problem. I also have the latest DisplayLink drivers, which I uninstalled and reinstalled.

I followed all of the steps in the HOWTO. System Compatibility Check all passes. I have to do several power cycles of the dock along with disconnecting and reconnecting of the cables before it will finally detect the monitor. It is totally hit or miss and I have not figured out a reproducible pattern to getting it to work. I am connected to the docking station with the USB 3.0 cable only. Everything else is plugged into the dock and the monitor is using DVI. I attached the zip file with the logs.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AEXPS13-7_20130829_072857.zip (603.7 KB, 8 views)
lightstorm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
TargusLevel3

Default Drivers good but Video,GBE, & Audio Not In Device Manager

Hello Lightstorm22,
You have a defective ACP70. Please contact Targus for a replacement under the three year warranty. Tier 1 support may ask you to verify your drivers are up to date, if they do, have them contact me to expedite a swap.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
lightstorm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusLevel3 View Post
Hello Lightstorm22,
You have a defective ACP70. Please contact Targus for a replacement under the three year warranty. Tier 1 support may ask you to verify your drivers are up to date, if they do, have them contact me to expedite a swap.
I'm really trying, but they are not listening
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
TargusLevel3

Hi Mike,
Got your RMA and sent you an email. Let me know if issues persist.
Kevin
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #5
lightstorm22

Yep sorry I forgot to let you know. Will reply to your email.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
TessKay

Smile Bizarre solution to Targus dock problem with monitors

I have been experiencing the problem of my Targus (ACP70EU) dock suddenly not working with my monitor at home. The same model dock IS working in my workplace office.

I noticed a reply in this thread saying that this is a hardware problem that may be aggravated by low temperature. I prefer working in an unheated room at home and it is now cold in the UK! In desperation I have just used a hairdryer to warm up the area round the dock and like magic, within about 30 seconds my monitor is functioning.

It might be completely random but I realise the problems for me have definitely come on in recent weeks when it has been much colder so maybe there is a connection. Anyhow, could be worth a try it if you like! Just please don't do anything too dangerous with heat and electrical stuff....
TessKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
rudysroost

Default Bizarre Solution Works for me too.

I've spent hours struggling with my ACP70USZ with no success, I found TessKay's post and eventually gave it a try, because I had no other ideas.

It's been cold in my house too and every morning I get up and the displays have stopped working. So, now I unplug the display link take it to my fireplace to warm it up for a few minutes, plug everything back in and it works!

I've tried doing this without warming it up and have been unsuccessful, so I'm convinced that the thing needs to be warmer than 60°F before my displays (and sound port) work properly.

Thank you TessKay, if not for your post, I'd still be struggling.
rudysroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #8
HKColin

Default Sane Problem, not temperature related

I have the same issue. I have to spend 20-30 minutes turning on/off, disconnecting/reconnecting in various combinations before the monitors are recognised. All other USB devices and the ethernet connection are always on.

It is late summer in Hong Kong so my temperatures are closer to 30C, 80F so warming up is not an issue.
HKColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #9
chuko

I have the same issue with my ACP70USZ. I constantly reinstalled drivers, plug unplug, etc and could never find a pattern of when my docking station decided not to work, but this makes sense. It is has been getting cold the past 3 months and the docking station has more and more issues. So apparently my house is too cold (in the 50s F). I have to walk around with my docking station under my shirt until it warms up and then it works. This really defeats the purpose of this device. I wonder if some of these are defective or do all these have this bizarre temperature dependence.
chuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:37 AM   #10
IceDevil

I also have a ACP70USZ that has this same issue... I've placed another thread with my zip file of support information. So are these just not very reliable units?
IceDevil is offline   Reply With Quote