Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Margo

Default Lenovo thinkpad, plugable USB 3.O display adapter and I got nothing

Wow, trying to get an external monitor working on my Lenovo thinkpad w/Windows 8 is playing out a lot like a really long Apple commercial. I was assured by Lenovo tech support that this computer could support up to 4 external monitors with the right USB/VGA adapters. I got the Plugable USB 3.0 adapter and a two ended male cord to plug into that and the monitor.
I have downloaded all the drivers, the Actual Multi Monitor software and so on, and still, I have nothing. When I click on the MultiMonitor icon in my menu, nothing happens. The computer does not sense the external monitor thru the plugable adapter. What do you suppose is going wrong? Any help would be very very appreciated.
Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
bernie

Default Plugable tech support

Hi Margo,

Thanks for posting! Plugable has a team of DisplayLink-savvy tech support people -- you'll get the quickest reply contacting us directly.

Just email support@plugable.com. If you can run DisplayLink's support tool and attach the .zip file it generates to the email, we'll be able to figure out what's unique about your configucation, and can usually solve things quickly. Here's how:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/di...k-support-tool

I'm sorry for your frustration - thanks for giving us a chance to help!
Bernie (plugable)
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lenovo, usb/vga, windows 8