Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Joox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi Joox - I'm afraid those adapters are still just single DVI and HDMI. Keep your eyes peeled on the DisplayLink blog and Facebook page, you may hear there first. As Wim said, we can't second guess our customers' launch dates!
Hi Dan and Wim,

Please tell me you have some news on Dual DVI, or DisplayPort USB 3 graphics adapters? It has been 5 months now.. anything at all that could support my resolution 30 inch dell 2560x1600.

Thanks,
Leon
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Joox

Well after all this waiting and nothing being developed I found another solution that had more then enough power to push my 30" at its native resolution .. I really wanted to get a USB 3 adapater but it seems nobody in the industry is giving display port any love so I ended up finding another solution that works great for me. Anyhow thanks for the efforts.
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #13
petrus1

Unhappy Targus USB dual docking station does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi Joox - I'm afraid those adapters are still just single DVI and HDMI. Keep your eyes peeled on the DisplayLink blog and Facebook page, you may hear there first. As Wim said, we can't second guess our customers' launch dates!
I have been struggling with a brand new Targus USB 3 dual video docking station - the displaylink icon does not even show on my new Dell xps 15z computer. So far it is only an expensive USB 3 hub. Anyone can help to get the video moving?

Thanks
petrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
Wim

Last week, our first product with DisplayPort was announced. Read about it here:

http://www.displaylink.com/news/pres...wer.php?id=122

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus1 View Post
I have been struggling with a brand new Targus USB 3 dual video docking station - the displaylink icon does not even show on my new Dell xps 15z computer. So far it is only an expensive USB 3 hub. Anyone can help to get the video moving?

Thanks
Hi Petrus1 - have you tried all the ports on your laptop (there may be an issue on USB 3.0, but works on USB 2.0)? Can you see anything in DeviceManager below the hub? Our chip should come up as a 'Composite Device' with 4 sub devices (ethernet, audio and video).

It sounds like you may unfortunately have a HW issue with the dock. Sorry about that - we don't manufacture the docks. Please take it up with Targus if you are seeing nothing in Device Manager.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
yefi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Last week, our first product with DisplayPort was announced. Read about it here:

http://www.displaylink.com/news/pres...wer.php?id=122

Wim
It's not listed on Fujitsu's site and it isn't available anywhere. It's vaporware until I see proof to the contrary.

Last edited by yefi; 06-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.
yefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
Wim

DisplayPort adapters are now available. Eg this one from Startech in the US:

http://intrl.startech.com/AV/USB-Vid...600~USB32DPPRO

And Lindy in the UK:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-3-to-disp...ter/43171.html

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote