Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
ehendrix

Default Lion with 1.7b3 and lock screen

I am not yet 100% sure if this has indeed something to do with the Displaylink driver; but as of right now it starts to look this way.

Using my DisplayLink at work with no real issues except for performance (which I hope are due to this being a beta driver); but this past weekend I was having issues every time I let my Mac sit for a while. Connected to the power adapter and energy settings set to have the display go to sleep but not the computer.
If I would let the Mac just sit there for a file (1-2 hours) and then get back on it I would be presented with the screen for my password (as expected) but as soon I would be trying to type something in I would get the beach ball and nothing would work anymore. Even trying to access my Mac remotely would not function.

I tried multiple items to determine why this might be happening. I ended up with uninstalling the displaylink driver and then this behavior stopped.

I do have automatic graphics switching enabled, next I will try with automatic graphics switching disabled and the displaylink driver installed but either way it does seem to be an issue when the driver is installed but no displaylink adapter installed.

I checked all my log files but no entries are being reported for anything at all. Figured I already post something here.

I'm on a 2011 15" Macbook Pro.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
ChristianP

Does the issue happen even if the card in not plugged in and the DL driver is installed? Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
ehendrix

Yes, issue occurred with driver installed but no displaylink device attached. So installed the driver again and the issue has not occurred anymore.

Maybe due to installing beta3 on top of beta2 of the driver caused the issue? The uninstall and install seemed to have resolved it.

Will update here should the issue start happening again.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehendrix View Post
Yes, issue occurred with driver installed but no displaylink device attached. So installed the driver again and the issue has not occurred anymore.

Maybe due to installing beta3 on top of beta2 of the driver caused the issue? The uninstall and install seemed to have resolved it.

Will update here should the issue start happening again.
Good. Thanks for your report.
The installation upgrade should work, but for sure uninstalling and reinstalling the driver is safer. We'll check if the installation upgrade option has some caching issue.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
James van Dyke

I have the same issue. However, I originally uninstalled the older driver then reinstalled the beta 3 driver and had my issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta driver based on this post and still have my issues.

I also have a coworker who is having the same issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by James van Dyke View Post
I have the same issue. However, I originally uninstalled the older driver then reinstalled the beta 3 driver and had my issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta driver based on this post and still have my issues.

I also have a coworker who is having the same issues.
Could you please use the debug tools here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file? Thanks

Tags
1.7b3, hang, lion