Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Etienne

Default Cannot come back from power saving

Hello,

We've had troubles coming back from power saving with the Display Link driver installed. We have tried different things on different setups (1-2 nvidia cards, drivers 6.2, 6.3, 7beta, other systems). With the previous driver versions (6.2, 6.3) the computer was restarting after going to power saving, telling me that BSOD happened. This was happening whether I had the device connected or not.

For the debug file included I had two main DVI displays and one MIMO touch screen usb connected. Currently using the latest beta 7 driver. When I come back after a while the display does not wake up, forcing me to hard reboot.

Do you see anything in my setup that would make the driver behave that way?

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMIBOUBIO7-W7_20120809_090800.zip (22 Bytes, 4 views)
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Wim

The zip file you have posted is empty. Can you post the logs please?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Etienne

Hi Wim,

indeed the file was empty. I regenerated the zip file.

I unplugged the MIMO and left for lunch. When I came back my screens were black with the PC still running. A hard reboot allowed me to see the booting of Windows, after which monitors went black before seeing the login screen. I did several hard reboots with the same result, unplugin devices at each time. I only got to the login screen when all was removed but 1 screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMIBOUBIO7-W7_20120809_090800.zip (1.42 MB, 1 views)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Wim

The logs show that you're running the 7.0 beta (7.0.39973). This has known issues with the NVIDIA graphics card you are using and issues with the login screen. These should be fixed in v6.3 M1. Can you test on this release and post the logs with this software installed if the problem is still there?

Want to make sure we are not chasing a bug that's already fixed (and will be fixed in the next 7.0 release).

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Etienne

I installed 6.3M and replugged the usb display device. I believe my PC went to power saving 3 times Friday and it was able to resume. I disconnected the device before leaving for the week-end and wasn't able to awake the display this morning (PC seems awake though, my settings are set to never go to sleep). I tried plugging the usb device but that didn't do the trick.

Here is the log taken after the hard reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMIBOUBIO7-W7_20120813_092059.zip (868.6 KB, 0 views)

Tags
bsod, display link, mimo, power saving, sleep