Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
sikcool

Default Software Not Showing in Windows 8.1

So I have a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter from cable matters. The software they provided did not work for my Windows 8.1 machine so their technical team told me to use DisplayLink software.

So I uninstalled the viewspan software, installed DisplayLink, restarted, plugged in the adapter into the USB 3.0 port and nothing. I can't see the DisplayLink icon in the tray, I even went into the installation folder and tried to run the DisplayLinkUI.exe and nothing is showing up. The control panel is showing the software is installed but it is simply not running.

The DisplayLink Support Tool's 'System Compatibility Check' says:
Code:
Pass: Basic mode support
Warning: Device not attached
Pass: Graphics driver date
Pass: WEI is above recommended 3
Pass: No Other USB graphics software installed
I don't understand why it says the adapter is not plugged in when it clearly is. Anyone know what the problem is?

Edit: After following this guide, I realized that the display adapter has not been detected on the USB bus. I have attached a screenshot of my device manager below, the Display Adapter is showing up as 'UFX7000'. I am not sure where to get the proper driver for this.

Last edited by sikcool; 05-30-2014 at 04:58 PM.
sikcool is offline   Reply With Quote