Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.8 Release

Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
LagaV

Default Standby / Display Sleep not working with OSX 10.7 and driver 1.7 + 1.8

Since upgrading to OSX Lion I have observed problems with the Displaylink drivers. For unknown reasons Sleep Mode and Display Sleep are not always working as expected.

After a number of "waking up" operations from full Sleep Mode or Display Sleep Mode the machine returns with a perfect display, mouse pointer is moving and showing change on the displays but no interaction (neither keyboard nor mouse press) with the system is possible.

However login into the system with ssh is possible and all tasks are running fine.

So far I have found no "indication" what event specifically is triggering the problem, sometimes this happens after some days of operation, in other cases this might happen right after the first "Display Sleep Mode" return.

For now I have disabled "Display Sleep" in the Energy Saver menu. If I want to "sleep" the system or enable "Display Sleep" I first disconnect the DisplayLink USB cable, and enable the intented mode afterwards. So far this has helped me.

LagaV
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
ChristianP

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately it's not a known issue.
It would help if you could use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the debug info.
Are you using the "require password after sleep" option in Security&Privacy settings?
We will try to reproduce your issue.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
LagaV

"Require password after sleep" is disabled!

Regarding the debug tool I'm struggling to understand how to do this.

Quote:
Run the tool again after the problem has occurred.
I can't use the graphical user interface anymore when the problem has occurred. Please advise.

LagaV