Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #51
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hba View Post
Tried new driver 7.0M3. Cleaned out the old install, restarted, installed new driver, plugged in the graphics, drivers configured and the system was restarted. Upon restart the system logs on and logs off several times and ending with all three monitors turned on but with black screens except for the mousecursor (????) which can travel on all three monitors.

This is VERY unsatisfying to say the least and really not good enough!

Update: I managed to have the Windows session running long enough to run the support tool. I've attached the updated file.
Damn it. I think I can see the problem in the logs, and its already a bug being worked on at the moment, but we didn't have a fix in time for this release.

We have another release in a few weeks in December, which should pick up this fix.

Can you recover if you restart the DisplayLink service?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #52
hba

Nope. I can't keep the Windows session alive long enough to restart the service.

Btw the DisplayLink trayicon never shows up, or it does so when the screen starts to flicker. I can't see.

Henrik
hba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #53
olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Damn it. I think I can see the problem in the logs, and its already a bug being worked on at the moment, but we didn't have a fix in time for this release.

We have another release in a few weeks in December, which should pick up this fix.

Can you recover if you restart the DisplayLink service?

Wim
Just downloaded 7.0M3 and luckily saw this post before I install it. So I will not install it. IMO the flickering screen is of top priority, if it is not fixed why a new release? What's new in M3 please?
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #54
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Just downloaded 7.0M3 and luckily saw this post before I install it. So I will not install it. IMO the flickering screen is of top priority, if it is not fixed why a new release? What's new in M3 please?
The compatibility with NVIDIA should be fixed if this is your issue. The post above showed a different issue which was not addressed in time. I don't know what issue you have as you've not posted logs about your problem.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #55
olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
The compatibility with NVIDIA should be fixed if this is your issue. The post above showed a different issue which was not addressed in time. I don't know what issue you have as you've not posted logs about your problem.

Wim
My issue is th screen keeps flicking all the time. There are other posts mentioned this issue too. Is it fixed in 7.0 M3?
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #56
Pyney

Default DL-165 Adapter - Windows 8 issue - Monitor not available after restart

Hi Forum.

I am having this issue with a DL-165 USB Adapter purchased from Maplin. The adapter is connected via USB to a new Windows 8 Lenovo Desktop PC with Intel HD Graphics. I am using the adapter with the supplied DVI to VGA converter and then this is connected to the LG Flatron W1942S monitor and everything works fine following installing the software, desktop displayed & extended as desired etc.

However, once I restart the PC, the second monitor is not activated and just stays in standby, as if nothing is being sent to the monitor. I have tried unlpugging the adapter and plugging it back in, no joy. I have gone into display settings to try to get it to work and no joy.

The only way I can get it to work, is to completely un-install the software and re-install it, which is not ideal.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a known issue? And can it be fixed?

Thanks!
Pyney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #57
Pyney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyney View Post
Hi Forum.

I am having this issue with a DL-165 USB Adapter purchased from Maplin. The adapter is connected via USB to a new Windows 8 Lenovo Desktop PC with Intel HD Graphics. I am using the adapter with the supplied DVI to VGA converter and then this is connected to the LG Flatron W1942S monitor and everything works fine following installing the software, desktop displayed & extended as desired etc.

However, once I restart the PC, the second monitor is not activated and just stays in standby, as if nothing is being sent to the monitor. I have tried unlpugging the adapter and plugging it back in, no joy. I have gone into display settings to try to get it to work and no joy.

The only way I can get it to work, is to completely un-install the software and re-install it, which is not ideal.

Thanks!
Anybody?????
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #58
Pyney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyney View Post
Hi Forum.

Thanks!
I have given up with the adapter and returned it to Maplin. I purchased another Graphics Card, and this although being an extreme solution, has solved my problem.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #59
hba

A fix in "a few weeks in December"? Your're running out of time! This is really NOT OK! It's more than five weeks since the last driver-update and my external graphic adapter is still just a lump of useless electronic. Get in the fight and give us some updates or timelines that has any worth.

Regards Henrik

Update:

Guess what. DisplayLink finally decides to offer a new driver (12/29/2012). And does it fix my problems? NO! It's exactly the same problems as described earlier! This is absolutely incredible! I mean how hard can it be? I must now seriously consider returning my external graphics adapter, as plugable offered me. DisplayLink is obviously going nowhere with this.
For what its worth I've attached the support files, which I managed to complete between the endless logging in and out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20121229_230419.zip (543.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by hba; 12-29-2012 at 09:19 PM.
hba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #60
ahurst

Come on guys....what is the progress on this?

I have a brand new $700 Dell monitor that your software is preventing Netflix and Hulu from playing on....
ahurst is offline   Reply With Quote