Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #101
pomaceous76

It does take longer than booting normally, but mine only took like 3-5 minutes max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
I have tried booting into safe mode, but my Mac just stays on the boot screen with spinning wheel for hours and fan engaged. I had to shut it down due to overheating.

How long does it take for guys to enter safe mode?
pomaceous76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #102
Jim Bauer

Not so fast --- the USB went away again when I tried to rotate 90.
Blue screen again.
Jim Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #103
wesbos

Can we please get an update on this? I've been without my extra monitor for at least 3 weeks now and I'm getting frustrated without any response from DisplayLink
wesbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #104
pablo

Any update on this? I just upgrade from 10.6 to 10.7.3 thinking it was finally safe to upgrade. I really need this other monitor, but hate the thought of a restore from time machine.
pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #105
GodwinC

Matrox and yes it can do rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camgas View Post
Which one did you get? They have a few options. Can you use rotation?
GodwinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #106
fr4nk18

Default Newbie is 10.7.2. a Workaround ... ?

Hi everybody ... having just bought a Displaylink adapter and since i would like to use it on a vertical monitor i would like to know if the latest drivers are stable for my configuration

osx lion 10.7.2 (not 10.7.3)
Imac 3.06 Ghz
Monitor config 1 The stock monitor 2 a Philips HD Monitor (on second Imac video out) 3 Dell Monitor vertically oriented ...

Is this config a suitable one (with no nasty side effects like the one i read about with 10.7.3 and vertical monitors ?)

thanks

francesco
fr4nk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #107
jpap

Francesco, you should be fine... and if not, report back in the forums.

jpap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk18 View Post
Hi everybody ... having just bought a Displaylink adapter and since i would like to use it on a vertical monitor i would like to know if the latest drivers are stable for my configuration

osx lion 10.7.2 (not 10.7.3)
Imac 3.06 Ghz
Monitor config 1 The stock monitor 2 a Philips HD Monitor (on second Imac video out) 3 Dell Monitor vertically oriented ...

Is this config a suitable one (with no nasty side effects like the one i read about with 10.7.3 and vertical monitors ?)

thanks

francesco
jpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #108
jpap

Question Progress update?

As we're approaching two weeks since the last very positive update, I'm sure many of us are eagerly awaiting more good news.

Is there anything you can share with us, Carlo?

jpap
jpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #109
qthatswho

Default Still not working

Workaround posted in these forums is not working for me. I think this is because I cannot get into safe mode with an encrypted disk (FileVault2). I've tried resetting PRAM (Cmd-Opt-P-R) and resetting nvram, to no avail. Any time I plug in the DisplayLink adapter, I get a blue screen, and my machine is hosed (even sleeping and waking with displays disconnected does not recover.

I really need the use of my second display, even in landscape mode. Anyone else got any suggestions for resetting display settings?

Thanks,
qthatswho
qthatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #110
AppleMacGenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by qthatswho View Post
Workaround posted in these forums is not working for me. I think this is because I cannot get into safe mode with an encrypted disk (FileVault2). I've tried resetting PRAM (Cmd-Opt-P-R) and resetting nvram, to no avail. Any time I plug in the DisplayLink adapter, I get a blue screen, and my machine is hosed (even sleeping and waking with displays disconnected does not recover.

I really need the use of my second display, even in landscape mode. Anyone else got any suggestions for resetting display settings?

Thanks,
qthatswho
Because there is no workaround for rotating... If you read through all the posts, you will see the issue has been esculated to Apple... the driver is crashing do to a change in the graphics driver and there is nothing we can do but wait. It sucks, but that's the truth. Best thing to do if you really want a TRUE workaround is to go back to 10.7.2. This is the only work around!! If you blew up your monitor and can't get it them back follow the steps to boot with extensions off this works 100% of the time....

Hang in there folks, it doesn't look like a easy fix... :-) Displaylink is on it, I believe in these guys!!
AppleMacGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion