Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #1
JonnyT

Default Problems with Sound, and YouTube not playing?

I've been using my dock for a few weeks now and I've noticed some really annoying bugs that I don't know how to fix regarding audio and video.

For example; when using Teams for video conferencing meetings the other participants can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've tried plugging headphones in (to both the MacBook headphone socket and the D6000 headphone socket) and checking the settings on Teams, but nothing works.

When trying to watch YouTube videos (on ANY browser, and I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox & Brave) the YouTube video page loads but the video just hangs and doesn't play.

If I unplug the dock then everything returns to normal and starts working again.

Please help.

Technical details:

Macbook Pro (16 Inch, 2019)
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)
Dell D6000

I use the D6000 to connect my MacBook to two Dell 27 inch monitors using the USB-C connector from the D6000 straight into the Mac, and from the dock to the monitors via Display Port cables.

I'm also running Windows using Parallels on the MacBook at the same time, but I can't see how that would have an impact.

Last edited by JonnyT; 04-14-2021 at 02:00 PM.
JonnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #2
alexc12

Exclamation

I have the same issue, in my case it is intermittent so everything works then this happens, I unplug the dock wait all is well reconnect the dock and eventually it happens again.

I am using an HP usb C dock connected to two apple cinema displays via hdmi to dvi adapter, display port to dvi adapter and usb a connections. I also have a keyboard, mouse and wired headset connected.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Chip Apple M1 Max
macOS 12.4 (21F79)

Displaylink Manager 1.7.0(build 60.120)

Last edited by alexc12; 07-14-2022 at 12:02 PM. Reason: add details of display link version
alexc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:06 PM   #3
marcus1

Default Audio issue

I am also having similar issues with audio from Youtube and Spotify. I am using and M1 Macbook Air. When I have the dock connected and running DisplayLink both of my monitors work fine, but the Spotify program keeps freezing or won't start playing audio. For Youtube either the videos don't load at all, or the video plays but without audio. Sometimes everything works fine, but that is rare or I need to restart my computer.
marcus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:42 PM   #4
cebrooks41

Default Youtube issues

Does anyone have a solution to Youtube not playing? I have a M1 MacBook. Thanks.
cebrooks41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
Murphybp79

Angry YouTube TV Black Screen

I have an issue with YouTube TV where I will hear the sound, but the screen is black. If I connect my monitor to my MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019) directly, it works fine, but when I use the docking station, the screen goes black on all monitors and my computer. Very frustrating. Seems like this dock has a bug.
Murphybp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:49 AM   #6
dxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphybp79 View Post
I have an issue with YouTube TV where I will hear the sound, but the screen is black. If I connect my monitor to my MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019) directly, it works fine, but when I use the docking station, the screen goes black on all monitors and my computer. Very frustrating. Seems like this dock has a bug.
It is a security measure as the screen is being "recorded" If on Chrome, go to settings and disable hardware acceleration in settings. It will then relaunch, and everything should be working. Hope I helped! This was also very frustrating for me
dxd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, d6000, mac m1, sound, usb c, youtube