Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #1
sammeh

Default Windows go blank after login, except cursor

Hi,

I am currently using Kensington K33928US (M01063) with DisplayLink_7.9M0 driver. This is installed on a HP Elitebook 850 laptop, running windows 7 and is used on a docking station.

Previously, the same display adapter was used on HP Probook 6360b and it would experience the same issue below.

Issue:
When using displaylink driver (tried multiple versions), the desktop screen would go blank after logging into Windows, except the mouse cursor. This would happened regardless if the laptop is sitting on a docking station or not. When this happened, the resolution is to hit the power button so that the laptop would go to hibernate, and power it back on.
Over the years, if i know that I will be working on the laptop later from home, i would hibernate the Windows instead of shutting it down so that i don't spend minutes fiddling around the laptop to get Windows to load up properly.
Now that i am using a new laptop, the exact same thing happens.

For a week, i would uninstall the driver and shut down the computer, power it back on, log into windows and everything would load up properly. As soon as I install display link driver on the laptop, the issue starts again. On top of having display link driver installed, every so often if you are doing too much graphics activity on the laptop, i would get the error pop-up saying Desktop Windows Manager has stopped working (both laptops).

I've attempted the suggested solution below but it didn't resolve my problem, i don't have a switchable graphics card and i've set my power option to performance.
I've also reformatted the laptop and the problem occurs only after i installed the display link driver.

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ly-shows-mouse
sammeh is offline   Reply With Quote