Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
dinovo

Default Vaio Z21WN + DisplayLink (Samsung LD220)

I have just purchased a Samsung LD220 22" screen to connect to my current setup which was laptop screen + Samsung 26" connected via HDMI. As i found out that i could not use both VGA and HDMI at the same time for 2 external monitors i purchased the Samsung LD220 which connect via the USB port. Everything is working perfect - there is only one glitch which is that the driver for DisplayLink is disabling my Aero interface on Windows 7.

It seems to be a combi of my local drivers for my gfx cards (should be the newest nvidia drivers x64) and the newsest displaylink drivers also x64. I have tried on a couple of other machines i have and it works WITH aero here.

So i was thinking that maybe someone on this forum would have an idea what i could do to get my Aero interface back? (I have tried to force my Aero back via reg tweaks, but without luck).

For info i have also tried uninstalling the nvidia driver completly so the device manager just says "Standard VGA Graphics adapter". The result is that the Samsung LD220 now works WITH aero support, but my HDMI output no longer works :-(

i have tried the following 2 nVidia sony driver versions

8.16.11.8735 and 8.15.11.8684