Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
atomicd10

Default Lenovo USB 3.0 Docking Station Issue

Hello,

I'm just curious if anybody else has encountered the following problem before. I have only seen it with one unit out of about 20 during testing in our environment, but I'm a bit concerned because we've ordered a significant amount of the Lenovo USB 3.0 docks.

Anyway, in a Windows 7 x64 Enterprise environment using the most recent drivers/software from displaylink.com, the following occurs:
  • The video coming from both DVI ports on the docking station will yeild a frozen image of what was on the screen, along with some purple vertical lines, even when the USB cable from the dock is disconnected from the computer.
  • The monitors still recieve a video signal from the docking station, even when the USB cable is unplugged from the computer; the monitors will not fall asleep and will still display the frozen image
  • All of the other devices connected to the dock remain active, even USB/Displaylink monitors (when it's still connected to the computer)
  • Unplugging the power from the dock fixes the issue only briefly, for around 5-30 seconds until it occurs again
  • The computer does not lock up at all and remains active; just the DVI video stops working
  • Problem remains when using a different known working power adapter, a different and known working USB cable, and on a different computer with different monitors and peripherals
  • A different dock connected to the computer works correctly

I know that this appears to be a hardware issue with the dock itself, but has anybody encountered this before?

Thanks for reading!
atomicd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Wim

That does sound like a faulty dock, and the video on the dock keeps locking up. I would suggest returning this to Lenovo, who in turn should send it to their manufacturer for debug to see what the problem is.

I'm pretty sure this is not a software problem so you should not find it on your other docks.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docking station, lenovo, usb 3.0 dock