Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
ehsan

Question Still no

Thanks for the reply.
I have now spend another 2 hours removing all traces of the nvidia gt 750m drivers and displaylink drivers trying to make a clean install of both.

Here are my conclusions

Without the Nvidia card the displaylink works fine.
With nvidia drivers from september displaylink works as well.

Displaylink 7.5 does not play well with recent nvidia drivers... not 332.21 and not the beta 334.67

When DL is connected you can not install new nvidia drivers. It is possible if I remove the DL usb-hdmi adaptor first.

If I deactivate my nvidia driver (in device settings) after boot and let DL do its magic and then reactivate nvidia drivers again they work! Until the next boot. It keeps working even when I put the computer to sleep/hybernate or if I physicly remove and reinsert the usb-hdmi dongel. But when restarting the computer again it does not work.

It seems like the nvidia drivers _if loaded first_ prevent the DL drivers to do their work.

You mentioned that it works on your system. What version of DL and Nvidia drivers are you using?

Any help would be appreciated.
ehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Carousel

Default Win 8.1 update --> black display

Checking Device Manager, looks like my NVIDIA driver is not so new: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M version 9.18.13.2702 from 01-Sep-13. And there are no events showing after 24-Oct-13.

The DisplayLink Manager shows as version 7.5.52874.0 when I click on the DisplayLink notification icon.

But according to Device Manager, DisplayLink Display Adapter (4307) is version 7.5.52277.0 from 06-Nov-13. But there is a device configuration timestamp from 18-Jan-14, which as I recollect was about when everything started working again.

And according to Device Manager, the DisplayLink Dual Screen Video Dock Display Adapter is version 7.4.53134.0 from 13-Dec-13. For events, 18-Jan-14 shows. But so does 15-Feb-14 for driver service added and device installed. I assume this relates to the update message I saw last week.

Hardware-wise the laptop is an Acer V7-482PG-6662. I am using this with an Anker Dual Display Universal Docking Station attached via USB 3.0. When the PC boots to the Win 8.1 logon screen, there is a quick flash and then solid background colour shows on the two attached widescreens (one attached via HDMI-to-DVI cable and one via DVI-to-DVI cable). I log in and all screens work fine. The attached screens used to go black or all flashy if the NVIDIA was already engaged at logon. It was possible to turn the NVIDIA on after logging on though. But the problem would reappear on rebooting as I gather you've experienced...
Carousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #13
ehsan

Default temporary solution

Thanks for your help.
OK, it seems that the key is to roll back the nvidia drivers to september 2013 (there are a couple of updates after that). Thats good enough for me now but really I think Displaylink should fix this issue.
ehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
luiset83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsan View Post
Thanks for your help.
OK, it seems that the key is to roll back the nvidia drivers to september 2013 (there are a couple of updates after that). Thats good enough for me now but really I think Displaylink should fix this issue.
Just wanted to point out to others experiencing this issue that it seems fixed (at least for me) as of 7.5M1 displaylink drivers and NVIDIA drivers 334.89.

Last edited by luiset83; 03-06-2014 at 02:50 PM.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #15
Stav

Just been doing some reading as I am having issues with the Toshiba DynaDock I just purchased last weekend.

I have a Asus N550JV with the Nvidia Geforce GT 750M and Intel HD Graphics 4600 running Windows 8.1

I have spend the last few days trying different intel and Nvidia drivers and different versions of Displaylink software but I cannot get this to work without disabling the Intel Card. Am running the latest drivers available for both cards right now and have tried 7.1, 7.4 and 7.6 versions of Displaylink.

Can you advise when this will be fixed?

Thanks.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #16
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiset83 View Post
Just wanted to point out to others experiencing this issue that it seems fixed (at least for me) as of 7.5M1 displaylink drivers and NVIDIA drivers 334.89.
Sadly for me that didnt work. I still have the same problems.

I have an Asus N550JV-CN270H and the dynadock 3.0.

Is there a moderator who have anything to say about this issue?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black display, win 8.1