Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
lzlo

Default win7 32bit don't find the monitor

hello, i installed the b1 driver version. I use one usb displaylink monitor (mimo 720s). When start/restart windows 7 32bit, the operative system don't find the monitor and don't run the driver (see image 1). For resolve the problem i must: turn off the monitor (with switch) disconnect the usb cable , i wait few seconds ... i connect the usb cable and i switch on the display .. with this operations win7 find correctly the monitor (see image 2). Tx. LorenzoClick image for larger version

Name:	Image01.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	157

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image02.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	158
Old 08-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
rick.zimmerman@sunnyd.com

Default Persistence Problem Persists

I agree DisplayLink powered set-up is very unreliable, adding 20 minutes to my morning work stream most days.

When booted up in-place (lap to in docking station, not having been moved since last use), success rate is about 75%. When booted up following laptop being booted up outside the docking station (e.g., on the road, etc.), success rate under 10%. Success defined as both monitors (one powered by DisplayLink exterenal DVI card) work.

At the minimum, I have to unplug and then re-plug the DVI card. This works 50% of the time. The renmaining 50%, I have to uninstall and reinstall the software. That kinda sucks.

The DisplayLink icon does not appear in the task tray, and frequently when it loads, I get a message that USB device is not recognized. This really sucks.

I'm no computer wizard, but it looks to me like there is a persistence problem.

I have sent in via the Tools, all the info DispalyLink could possibly want.

I see several other posts with similar problems. Why does DisaplyLink choose not to fix this, or at least respond to the posts?

Hardware:
Dell Laptop Dimension D630
Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2 Ghz
4 GB RAM
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
Sewell Minideck USB to DVI

Monitors:
Two (one is run by your product)
Dell 2208 WFP
Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Software:
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Office 20010
DisplayLink 5.4b1

Last edited by Pawel; 10-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.