Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
smith.paul1@gmail.com

Default Surface Pro 2 Issues Solved with Beta 7.4

I thought I would post my experience for the Anker USB 3 Dual Display docking station. I used it on my Surface Pro 1 with out a hitch and then I bought a Pro 2 and everything went well it first. I didn't install any drivers when I plugged in the docking station as windows detected and installed them for me.

About a day into re-installing all of my software on the Pro 2 Windows started to act funny. It was pausing really bad and so I restarted and the external monitors went black. I could tell they were receiving a signal but they just weren't rendering.

After snooping around I found the beta for windows 8.1.

The readme that comes with it said to follow the instruction for version 7.4 here but there is no instructions for 7.4 at this link. So I used the latest instructions (7.1). None of it really helped except that I noticed in the readme there was a firmware upgrade and in the 7.1 instructions it showed what the upgrade would look like. I did not see the upgrade happen after I upgraded to the beta sw and I also noticed that "core" sw did NOT upgrade. I decided to uninstall the DisplayLink Core which also uninstalled the "Graphics" sw.

Unplugged the docking station from my Pro 2, rebooted. Made sure all was well and then installed the beta sw. Then I plugged the USB cable from the docking station back in to my Pro 2 and it upgraded the firmware. Be patient here and let it complete. It took about 2 minutes for me and I thought it was done when the firmware upgrade window disappeared but it came back after about 30 seconds. Then all my monitors came to life.

running full resolution and all seems well at this time. I will post back if I have any issues with the beta SW.

Cheers
smith.paul1@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, surface, windows 8.1