Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 04-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
Caelulum

Default Really Terrible Flickering and Glitches on Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon with GTX 1060

Would really like to get this issue fixed. It's been happening for years, and I don't even like to use the usb monitor because of it, and I just installed the drivers again, after trying other non-Ubuntu-based distros just not using the usb monitor for a while, and coming back to Mint, and the flickering and glitches and happen on both monitors, not just the displaylink AOC usb monitor.

Is it possible to get this fixed? I will do anything. I can download OBS Studio to show you how bad the flickering and glitches are. It's so annoying. I was thinking about trying my motherboard's onboard gpu, but since the issue is occurring on both the USB monitor, and my regular HDMI monitor, I doubt that would help at all. I think the issue is with the drivers...

Thanks.

Also mouse/cursor disappear constantly, the colors get 'carried along' with the cursor when I move the mouse. The area around the cursor is just glitched, the color around the cursor glitch into the surrounded area covering the surrounding area with a solid color from where the cursor is. I have my wallpapers set to change every 1 minute, and they are set to "scaled", and the only part that changes is often only the part to either side of the picture, or half of the picture, sometimes all of it. My cursor often never stops flickering.

I think heavy color changes are what cuases the glitching. But around the cursor is constantly especially bad, no matter what.

Can anyone explain why I might be having this problem when others aren't? Or provide any suggestions as to how to isolate the problem? I suppose I could try Ubuntu and Debian, and my motherboard's onboard GPU, to see if get different results with the drivers.

Last edited by Caelulum; 04-09-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Caelulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Caelulum,

There are some additional questions/things that I need to investigate the problem a bit more deeply:

The monitors that you have issues with do they behave the same when plugged into another computer? - This will confirm if the issue lays with the original computer or dock.

Please follow the instructions in This Article - I will need more details that are in the logfiles to be able to determine the root cause better.

In the mean time please check the following:
  • Please ensure the computer power settings are set to "High Performance" including the GPU settings to Maximum.
  • Ensure that DisplayLink Drivers and GPU are up to date.
  • Ensure to look at one of our articles: Display Intermittently blanking, flickering or losing video signal.
  • Inspect the USB Up-Link port on the dock for damage - This could cause connectivity issues .
  • Monitors do they behave the same when plugged directly into the computer?
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote