Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 07-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
f_butschek

Question Can't get DisplayLink to work with USB-A port Linux Mint19.3

I am trying to get an ASUS MB16A to work on my ASUS ZenBook with Linux Mint 19.3
The installation was successful, the Asus portable screen definitely works with display link drivers. I have run this on my previous Dell Laptop with Mint 18.3 and I have checked this in the terminal as below:
>>>lsusb -d 17e9:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 17e9:4374 DisplayLink

I continue to receive a message 'Your device does not support DP Alt mode, please install the latest driver and try again' on my portable screen whenever I plug it in to the USB-A (3.1) port. The screen works while plugged in to the USB-C port, but it does so even when DisplayLink is uninstalled...
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again using all methods I could find.
The screen works on my windows 10 partition (dual-boot) with the same cable and adapter, plugged into the same USB 3.1 port using DisplayLink on windows. Secure boot is disabled.
I would appreciate your help, because of the port configuration, my desk and other devices I use, being able to run this screen off the USB3.1 port on the other side from the USB-c port is very important.
Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2020-07-30T13:29:08.559668.zip (151.2 KB, 0 views)
f_butschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
f_butschek

I managed to find a solution, based on this blog

Deleting the monitors.xml file solved my problem, though it was in a different directory...
f_butschek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus mb16a, linux mint, zenbook, zenscreen