Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
boldt

Default Surface Pro 3 w/ 3 displaylink adapters

I recently acquired a surface pro 3, and I am having great difficulty in getting 3 monitors to function with the current displaylink driver and supported hardware. At one point I had 2 of the 3 working but since an undock/redock I am back to nothing.

The 3 displaylink adapters are:
  • 1 x Dynadock U3.0
  • 2 x EVGA UV Plus +39

I am running Displaylink 7.73M3 (7.7.59503.0)

I have attempted to uninstall and re-install all drivers by first using the Uninstall from the Programs & Features, immediately followed by the DL_install_cleaner tool.

What is odd is that the displaylink and Surface "see" the monitor (and I can configure it in the Screen Resolution), the monitor shows signal (I am not getting a signal loss message on the monitors) but no display, juts a blank screen. Even if I select "identify" I get no response on the monitors.

In fact I have been able to get all 3 monitors to show signal (and appear in the screen resolution menu for positioning) but alas no display (just black)

I saw reference of a support tool would that information be helpful?

Not sure of the next steps would be? Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip LEYPOLDTSURFACE_20150206_085627.zip (1.70 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by boldt; 02-06-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Edited to include Support Tool File
boldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Wim

I'm assuming you are using a USB hub to connect both of the adapters to the Surface? If so, is the hub externally powered?

I suspect it might be that the adapters cannot all get enough power and the video or the DDR memory cannot be fully powered on the adapter.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
boldt

Thanks Wim.
Yes the Dynadock U3.0 is an externally powered USB 3 powered hub (with a displayLink embeded). However even if I connect one of the EVGA UV Plus +39 (which are not externally powered) directly into the surface's USB port I get the same result (the monitor gets a signal but no display).

I have also attached a support file which I hope will provide some insight into the issue.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
boldt

UPDATE -

Turned out that while I thought the surface had been fully updated, there was in fact a firmware update available. Once that was installed I am happy to report that all 3 displaylink adapters are working as they should.

Consider this issue resolved.