Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
Roxy95

Exclamation Failed to install DisplayLink Core. Installation of display graphics cannot continue

I have a windows 7 Alienware 14 X64 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M and just purchased an AOC Portable USB Monitor. The computer recognized and 'installed' current drivers with the device, but it's been black the entire time without so much as a screen flicker. I went to the drivers myself via the disc and tried to install them. The DisplayLink window popped up, I agreed to terms & conditions and it began installing to be paused by a message saying: "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress". I hit 'ok' to that where it continued installing, but then crashed less than a moment later at, about 95% complete with the message: "Please wait while Windows configures DisplayLink Core Software. Your screens may temporarily go black or flash during this process." I then searched through the knowledge base on displaylink.com and saw certain Nvidia graphics can't install the DisplayLink drivers (or something like that) and it said you have to install version 6 or earlier. With versions 5 & 6 I get past that initial crash only to be stopped by "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" again. I say ok once more and, again, get the error message: "Failed to install DisplayLink Core. Installation of display graphics cannot continue". After that the DisplayLink Graphics window pops up again only to repeat that whole agonizing process.

So far I've restarted the computer twice and that hasn't helped. I've done the installation process approximately 10 times now and tried to vary it by having the monitor connected and disconnected. I've also gone through my devices and displayLink is not present under the USB section. DisplayLink is also not in the Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel However, DisplayLink is present in both Program Folders.

I would really appreciate a speedy response so please let me know if there is any other information you need.
Roxy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
Kubam

Hello Roxy95,
thank you for contacting us.

Can you please attach the output file from this tool, gathered just after issue is visible:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
To do so, please run it and select "Gather Support Information".

To attach the file, please choose "Manage Attachments" under "Additional Options" in reply window. Then select "Upload" and navigate to the file which will be placed on your desktop in "DisplayLink Support Files".

BR,
Kuba
Kubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Roxy95

Here's the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROXY_20150226_141207.zip (22 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
Kubam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy95 View Post
Here's the zip.
Thank you Roxy95, but it looks that something went wrong and archive is empty. Can you please try again?

BR,
Kuba
Old 02-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
Roxy95

Sorry about that...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROXY_141207.zip (639.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #6
Kubam

Thank you for the logs. After looking at them I would suggest reading following articles:
social.technet.microsoft.com and answers.microsoft.com.
If you decide to apply actions from the articles, I would also advice to completely Uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here and install latest DisplayLink Software, version 7.7M4. You can download it here
Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Roxy95

I have set a restore point and uninstalled KB2918614. I then went through both articles and uninstalled the DisplayLink Software. Upon searching all that remains is DLSetup in the control panel uninstaller. I tried uninstalling it, but nothing happened. I then downloaded the DisplayLink Install Cleaner from one of the articles. It said it cleaned the system of DisplayLink, but DLSetup still remains in the uninstaller. I haven't installed yet.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #8
lenny

I am also receiving the "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" when trying to install the latest (7.7M4) drivers in Windows 8.1 with all

I've tried the various workarounds mentioned on the web for people suffering from this (and also those linked here) without success.

My immediate need is the Ethernet drivers .. do they exist in an unpackaged form somewhere? I've extracted the files in the 7.7M4 exe but no Ethernet driver comes out even though the dock I have only mentions DisplayLink drivers and the USB ethernet device has the DisplayLink VID of 17e9.
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #9
Roxy95

Upon retrying to install DisplayLink, I recieved the "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress" message and ok'd it. The installation continued showing the green bar, but then disappeared. I didn't do anything for a few minutes, but still nothing popped up saying the installation was successful. The same thing happened the second time I tried to install it.

A speedy response would be very much appreciated
Old 03-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
kluka

Default Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

I have got the same problem like Roxy95. Could you help me please? I am sending you file with my computer settings. Thanx for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HONZATOSHIBA_20150313_174307.zip (1.50 MB, 0 views)
kluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aoc portable usb monitor, error messages, nvidia