Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
cjennings17

Exclamation Windows 10 Blue Screen

Hello,

I was just writing a quick message as we are having pretty big issue with our Plugable adapters that use the DisplayLink drivers. Back on the 8th, when we came into our office, the computers were showing a System Recovery screen. We rolled it back to a known good day that the drivers were working ok. On Monday, we came back in and the same issue was happening. We have tried looking to see if this was a patch by Windows, but we can't find any updates that ran that night.

Things we have tried:
- Restoring back to a good know working date
- Updated both integrated and dedicated graphics card drivers
- Updated the DisplayLink Drivers

We found that when the adapter is unplugged, the computer functions as normal. We also found that we can have the adapter plugged in as long as the monitor is not plugged in. As soon as you plugin the monitor, it causes the system to crash.

This is happening on at least 8 computers if not more. I have attached the support tool findings from before the system crashes and after the system crashes. Hope this information help, but if you need more I will be glad to get the information for you.

Note: Attached below is also a picture of the exact blue screen message we receive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1683 (2).jpg (103.7 KB, 1 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip INF-MAIN-L003_20170223_101331.zip (2.61 MB, 1 views)
File Type: zip INF-MAIN-L003_20170223_101930.zip (2.88 MB, 2 views)
cjennings17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Would you please be able to make the machine create a full memory dump at the crash time?

On the version of Windows 10 you are using, DisplayLink does not have a kernel driver anymore capable of generating that crash. However, I can look into the memory dump to see where this trips.

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Startup and Recovery > Settings > Write debugging information. Select complete memory dump. Please note this will create a huge file called MEMORY.DMP on your hard drive at the crash time. Then, please put it on the cloud storage service of your choice and let me know so I can download it.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, blue screen, error