Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
ersw

Default Monitors Won't Wake up after sleep with windows 10, remain dark, black.

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, I've ran into this issue. When my monitors shut off (go dark) from inactivity and I come back to my machine, I come back to unresponsive monitors when my displaylink adapter is used. This happens about ... 50% of the time. They remain dark unable to "wake-up". I know they attempt to "wake" because the power indicator on the monitors change color, but then shut off again because of "no signal detected". Unfortunately, policy forces my monitors to go dark (sleep) after a short time of inactivity, so I am unable to change the power settings to keep my monitors awake all the time. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It appears to be an OS related issue, since when I was on Windows 7, the only time this happened was when I remoted into my machine and then tried logging in normally after. But, I was able to control that by simply remembering when I remoted in and then I knew the next time I used my machine to simply disconnect the displaylink adapter and login. So, for now, I am no longer using my displaylink adapter... Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
ersw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
bbeer

I've had this happen in the past. It just kind of seems to come out of no where too. They way I fixed it in my cases, is by using their tool to completely remove the drivers reboot and then install fresh and then the monitors will work again.
bbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello,
Could you please be able to collect log files as soon as the failure occurs, please? This is described in my forum signature.
Depending on what is running, there could be many different reasons...

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
EntMax

I have the same problem here. I'm using a HP Port-Replicator with my Notebook.

When I try to wake it up, after Sleep-Mode, both Monitors (Diplay and external monitor) remains black.

It happens after the Update to Windows 10 1607, and DisplayLink Software 8.0 M0. Windows 10 1511 and DisplayLink 7.9 had no problem. An Update to 8.0 M1 did not solve the issue.

Tomorrow, I'll try to create some Debug-Log with your Tool, and send it to you.
EntMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #5
dalaniz999

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?
dalaniz999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 PM   #6
Anon

Default External monitor not working after waking from sleep

Please post the solution. Running Windows 10 v1803 on Dell Inspiron 5559.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
emveepee

I updated to the previous beta V9 and I still have problems after sleep. The screen might come on with v9 but it will then go off and on. I need to power cycle the monitor to fix it.

Is this still being worked on?

Martin
emveepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
MikeS.California.209

Exclamation Solution to this problem...

Hi All!

I'm new here and was poking around when I came across this issue. I had the same problem and found the solution on my hub manufacturer's web site. The instructions below are for Windows 10 -- it doesn't matter which hub you are using.

1. Start Control Panel, switch to "Small Icons", and click "Power Options".

2. Click on "Change plan settings", then click on "Change advanced power settings".

3. In the window that pops up, click the plus (+) sign next to "USB settings", then click the plus sign next to "USB selective suspend setting".

4. Two lines will appear ("On battery" and "Plugged in"), and both will say "Enabled". Click on the word "Enabled" in the first line and change the value to "Disabled". Do the same thing for the second line. Click "Apply" (if you can), then click "OK".

5. Shut down your PC and shut down your hub, then turn both back on.

In a nutshell, Windows is shutting down the USB Root Hub to save power, and that's what's causing the bizarre behavior you're all experiencing. Telling Windows to knock it off solved the problem for me.

Last edited by MikeS.California.209; 12-18-2018 at 06:35 PM.
MikeS.California.209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, dark, sleep, unresponsive, windows 10