Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 03-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
mshaffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukaszek View Post
The driver we release for Linux only supports devices using newer chips than DL-1x5. As our release note states, support for older devices is provided by the Linux kernel community.

If you have the right udev rule around that echoes 1 to the bConfigurationValue of the usb device in sysfs, then after replugging the device udl should see your device and you should see evidence of it in your dmesg log.

Cheers,
Michal
So I am trying to setup a situation where I have multiple devices. The smaller touchscreens are using DL-165. I am thinking about the "brain" - main touch screen being an AOC with your new chips. Based on what you are saying, it will not be possible to get the legacy chipset and the new chipset to run on the same machine?
mshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #12
mlukaszek

No, they should be fine together. The rule for setting the bConfigurationValue should only fire for devices which have configuration 2 by default, and it'd switch them to 1, allowing udl to see it - this would apply for DL-1x5.

The udev rule that we install for evdi (that starts DLM) is specific enough that it should not match old devices.

Cheers,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debian, error messages, linux, linux problems, usbfs