Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
becks19888

Default DisplayLink not working in Win10 anniversary

hi everyone,

i cannot have some functions of my USB monitor (ASUS MB168) working such as brightness adjustment and auto rotation, after upgrade my OS to Windows10 anniversary. any way to solve this problem??

becks19888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Becks,

This is correct and these are both issues on DisplayLink today.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update saw a brand new DisplayLink driver architecture. It is lighter and much more robust than the previous architecture but we are not yet at the same level of features. We are working on delivering these features so the product you have gets everything back as it did.

In the meantime, here is how you could change the brightness through a software called Screenbright. It was quicker to develop the support for this standard than the buttons, so we did this straight away to enable brightness change.
Here is an article on how to get and use the free tool: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ticles/1096210

For the rotation, the option is only through the Windows display settings today. This week is starting the assessment of the reintroduction of this. It will be in two parts because the "auto" part is designed by Asus using the sensor information collected from our driver. Once the team has done the assessment, we'll be in touch with Asus so the "auto" feature and the sensor reporting feature can be developed in parallel, to minimise the wait for you.

I understand this is not a really satisfactory answer as there is no complete neat solution for you today. Please be assured we are working on it though, and that Asus is also pushing us hard on your behalf!

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
TaskTesla

Hi.

As i said on last articles about that Windows 10 usb drivers block my displaylink on projector (InFocus IN1102).

Is there a way to go around it with some usb hub or something like it? Thanks
TaskTesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaskTesla View Post
Hi.

As i said on last articles about that Windows 10 usb drivers block my displaylink on projector (InFocus IN1102).

Is there a way to go around it with some usb hub or something like it? Thanks
If memory serves me right, this projector had auto install, so falls under the issue covered in this article and I'm afraid there is no work around.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto_rotate, brightness