Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Kite

Default Cable is not connected?

Strange behavior of DisplayLink DL3900 (StarTech USB3SDOCKHD):
- on the Vaio Duo 13 with Windows 8.1 and both updated with the latest drivers when I connect the docking station everything works, except the network that says "cable disconnected"
- on the assembled desktop PC with Windows 7 SP1 and both updated with the latest drivers when I connect the docking station everything works, even the network

Note: on both computers the docking station is connected to a USB3 port, the network cable is always the same and the plug to which it is connected is always the same, the sw version on the Vaio are DLGraphics 7.4.51587.0 and DLCoreSW 7.4.51572.0, while on the desktop are DLGraphics DLCoreSW 7.4.50415.0 and 7.0.43577.0.

in both cases, turning off the docking station before reconnecting it to different computer or leaving it on, it works well with Win7sp1 while with win8.1 the network is "dead"

Your log shows:
Scheda Ethernet DisplayLink Ethernet:

Stato supporto. . . . . . . . . . . . : Supporto disconnesso
Suffisso DNS specifico per connessione:
Descrizione . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM #6
Indirizzo fisico. . . . . . . . . . . : 00-50-B6-66-70-E3
DHCP abilitato. . . . . . . . . . . . : SŤ
Configurazione automatica abilitata : SŤ

Last edited by Kite; 11-02-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I'd recommend upgrading to R7.4 M2.
http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Kite

Hi Jamesh, I have already installed the latest version of the software (DisplayLink_7.4_M2.exe), I tried to uninstall it, use the cleaning program (EndUserCleaner.exe) and install the software again.
The installation is successful, connect the network cable to the docking station (the LEDs start blinking), connect the docking station to Vaio and start the setup process ... and Ethernet port LEDs turn off and it seems dead.
In device manager everything seems working but in the settings page of the network adapter appears disconnected the cable.
I did a bit of test and at the end I solved (better, I bypassed the problem): it seems that is not working properly auto-negotiation, in fact as soon as I changed the parameter "Speed ​​& Duplex" in the advanced settings of property of the displaylink ethernet device by "Auto Negotiation" to any of the other values ​​(I use 1.0 Gbps but also works the other) suddenly got hooked on the network.

Thanks anyway of the reply and I hope that my experience can help someone else.

Tiziano
Kite is offline   Reply With Quote