Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
jlmartyres

Default Cannot get Display on Dell XPS 12

Hi, just got a Targus ACP70EU

I've followed all the instructions for installation multiple times, and have even used the driver wipe tool to reinstall drivers.

No matter what I can't get any of my displays to work using this product. I've tried two monitors and even tried HDMI and DVI.

The docking station itself seems to be working because my computer recognises my USB mouse using it, but when I plug in the monitors it just comes up as no signal on my monitors.

Not really sure what else to try, I'm running Windows 8.1, also the graphics software doesn't appear in the system tray.

Drivers and everything are up to date, any suggestions?
jlmartyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
LukeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmartyres View Post
Hi, just got a Targus ACP70EU

I've followed all the instructions for installation multiple times, and have even used the driver wipe tool to reinstall drivers.

No matter what I can't get any of my displays to work using this product. I've tried two monitors and even tried HDMI and DVI.

The docking station itself seems to be working because my computer recognises my USB mouse using it, but when I plug in the monitors it just comes up as no signal on my monitors.

Not really sure what else to try, I'm running Windows 8.1, also the graphics software doesn't appear in the system tray.

Drivers and everything are up to date, any suggestions?
Here is what I do:

1. Uninstall the drivers.
2. Reinstall the drivers.
3. Unplug the docking station (from power socket) for 15 seconds.
4. Plug it back in and within a minute a dialog will appear telling you it is configuring for it's first start up.

Your monitors should then work.

Repeat steps 1-4 every time you start up.

Before you say it: http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62476
LukeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
jlmartyres

Hmm, I tried this loads and it still doesn't recognise anything!

What does your device manager look like? Mine doesn't say anything related to targus or display link, and my usb hub comes up as Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub.

I think this might be the problem, maybe windows is using the wrong drivers as there's no display drivers? Tried redirecting it to the displaylink adapter software but it always says my drivers are up to date.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
knausb

Default Similar issue

I have a Dell XPS 15 running windows 8.1 on the Targus and cannot get the docking station to output video when I close the laptop lid. The settings are to "do nothing" when it closes for both battery and plugged in. I'm running display link 7.5 M0.

It works perfectly for my Windows 7 machine
knausb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
LukeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by knausb View Post
I have a Dell XPS 15 running windows 8.1 on the Targus and cannot get the docking station to output video when I close the laptop lid. The settings are to "do nothing" when it closes for both battery and plugged in. I'm running display link 7.5 M0.

It works perfectly for my Windows 7 machine
Interesting... so this could potentially mean that the DisplayLink drivers are having all sorts of trouble with Windows 8.1.

Although I am running a different docking station to you guys. I'm running one manufactured by Dell.
LukeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
jlmartyres

I have the Targus ACP70EU also running 8.1 64 bit.

It seems that windows won't recognise the device as a displaylink device, I've checked and my USB drivers are all up to date and everything, not quite sure what the issue is really.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
TargusLevel3

Default What Item number is the ACP70?

What Item number is the ACP70?
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
jlmartyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusLevel3 View Post
What Item number is the ACP70?
How do I find out?