Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #41
mackan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefisher View Post
I'm having pain trying update the firmware. Seems like it doesn't work over USB-C, and I've got to find a machine to take USB-A/B (an adaptor doesn't seem to work either).

Edit: it won’t work with a VM no matter what. And to be fair, this is a mac forum. I don’t have access so a windows box so what am I supposed to do?
The instruction says that USB-A is required. I have tried to upgrade D6000 by VM (Parallells Desktop), but even all progress bar is complete, I get alert on the end that installation failed. The same result is with the last two firmwares. Even that, It looks like A02 firmware (not the latest one) seems working for me (https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...sal-dock-d6000).

I also did PRAM reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Right now, after my computer wakes up, it restarts every time (I've already sent a crash reports to Apple). Other things seems to work!

Last edited by mackan; 03-28-2020 at 11:50 AM.
mackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #42
abouc

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Dear Users,

Thank you very much for your cooperation and log files.

I have an information for the users who use Dell D6000 docking stations.
We have resolved this issue for one of the users with the Firmware update of the dock.

Unfortunately this update can only be done on the windows computer. If you are able, please perform the update by downloading it from here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...k-d6000&lwp=rt

After updating your Firmware, please plug it again to your Mac computers and verify.

As for other devices, thank you for your patience. We are still investigating this issue.

If any new user will encounter the same problem, please provide log files in your message.

I will be posting any new updates that we will have as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jakub
Hi Jakub, thank you for all your help and responding so quickly.. I did the Dell D6000 firmware update, and then upgraded my Mac to the Displaylink 0.5 BETA software. It worked but the screens flicked on and off a lot, and one screen had a strange resolution, however I downgraded to the 5.2.1 Displaylink software and it seems to work just fine now. My mac charges again, no screen flickering and resolution is perfect. You've saved me a lot of frustration with working from home so much.

Thanks again, Alex
abouc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:36 AM   #43
Bioprocess

I had similar issue with the Dell D6000 Displaylink.
My Dell D6000 stopped charging my MacBook after I had updated to Catalina 10.15.4. I also started having the black screen while streaming Netflix on Safari.
I found the fix on Reddit and it worked for me. See the thread here. The fix is to use a PC to update the D6000's firmware to ver A03.

I hope this works for you all!
Bioprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #44
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Because of that we were able to verify the issue further but I would need more information from the users that are still struggling with this ongoing case.

1. If you use D6000 and have used FW update but you are still experiencing problems - please describe the issue in a new post and provide new logs (after FW update)

2. If you are not using D6000 docking station and have not reported the issue yet. Please post a message with log files.

Thank you for your actions.
I will keep you informed about investigation results.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #45
Powie

Output from Icybox DK-2403-C
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200330_124027.zip (967.2 KB, 4 views)
Powie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:49 AM   #46
JPBougie

Hello, I posted on " Old 03-27-2020, 11:17 AM " JPBougie with the zip file.

Same issue, displayLink stop working when upgrading to 10,15,4 ," for the display only.
Screen disposition do not see the monitor.

Tried to switch to beta version not working.
Tried to reset SMC

Zip file in attachment
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200327_084318.zip (755.4 KB, 3 views)
JPBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #47
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Powie and JPBougie,

DisplayLink software only enables products with DisplayLink technology. Based on your log files and devices used by you I may see that they are not using DL powered devices. We advise you to check with your manufacturer as we do not believe this device features DisplayLink technology. We are looking into this issue and how to overcome it. In the meantime, having third party devices impacted seems to suggest this issue does not come from DisplayLink driver.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 03-31-2020, 11:52 PM   #48
jhillster

Default Catalina 10.15.4 killed the functionality of the D6000.

I was running Catalina 10.15.3 with the D6000 with Two Apple Monitors (one via USBC and the other connected to the D6000) with another Dell monitor connected via DVI.

All was working great.

Upgraded to Catalina 10.15.4 - Now only two of the monitors will work and my printer that was connected via USB to the D6000 does not work.

I have tried both the BETA and the Kernel drivers with no luck.

The BETA does not launch an application. Just runs DisplayLinkManager and DisplayLinkUserAgent in the background.

Let me know what you want me to try next.
jhillster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #49
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhillster View Post
I was running Catalina 10.15.3 with the D6000 with Two Apple Monitors (one via USBC and the other connected to the D6000) with another Dell monitor connected via DVI.

All was working great.

Upgraded to Catalina 10.15.4 - Now only two of the monitors will work and my printer that was connected via USB to the D6000 does not work.

I have tried both the BETA and the Kernel drivers with no luck.

The BETA does not launch an application. Just runs DisplayLinkManager and DisplayLinkUserAgent in the background.

Let me know what you want me to try next.
Hello,

Thank you for describing your issue.

Did you try upgrading the firmware in your D6000 dock? As it proved to be a solution for users that faced the issue on this specific docking station.

Unfortunately this update can only be done on the windows computer. If you are able, please perform the update by downloading it from here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...k-d6000&lwp=rt

After updating your Firmware, please plug it again to your Mac computers and verify.

Thank you for checking that.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 04-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #50
jefisher

I can confirm the firmware update fixes the issue.

It also fixes an issue I was having previously (https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=66874) with Netflix/Prime Video/etc not working in Safari (or nothing in the Apple TV app) on a second monitor.
jefisher is offline   Reply With Quote