Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
USBEng

Default Engineering Project: Help

Hey folks,

I am a student of Electrical Engineering and have to work on the following project for a company that is already under NDA contract with Display Link.

I am expected to create a test platform (hardware and software) where TFT Displays can be configured (parameters such as resolution, front porch etc.) over a software front-end.

I have already searched the web on USB Grpahics Controllers and found out, that Display Link offers an attractive chipset: the dL 1x5 series.
Due to the fact that my company already has a contract with DisplayLink, I am able to access Display Link's NDA information.

Now I have several questions, I hope someone of you can answer:

1) Is there a library provided by Display Link that allows me to modify configuration data? Or do I have to use Display Links software??
2) Is there a possibility of accessing display information directly: reading, writing, overwriting?
3) Does this controller suit my application or are there some restrictions that prevent me from using it in my application?
USBEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBEng View Post
Hey folks,

I am a student of Electrical Engineering and have to work on the following project for a company that is already under NDA contract with Display Link.

I am expected to create a test platform (hardware and software) where TFT Displays can be configured (parameters such as resolution, front porch etc.) over a software front-end.

I have already searched the web on USB Grpahics Controllers and found out, that Display Link offers an attractive chipset: the dL 1x5 series.
Due to the fact that my company already has a contract with DisplayLink, I am able to access Display Link's NDA information.

Now I have several questions, I hope someone of you can answer:

1) Is there a library provided by Display Link that allows me to modify configuration data? Or do I have to use Display Links software??
2) Is there a possibility of accessing display information directly: reading, writing, overwriting?
3) Does this controller suit my application or are there some restrictions that prevent me from using it in my application?
Hi,

Can you reach out to the team via the http://support.displaylink.com/ link?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
configuration, parameter, tft, usb