Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
minzmon

Default which legacy driver should I be using for VisionTek VT-1000

My wife has a VisionTek VT1000 dual-monitor hub, and it has stopped working. Having done some poking around online and on these boards and doing some troubleshooting, I'm fairly certain it's an issue with the driver.

This is because when I look in Programs, it only shows DisplayLink Graphics.
And when I plug the hub in, DEVICE MANAGER shows it only being recognized in Universal Serial Bus controllers as
Generic Superspeed USB Hub
and
Generic USB Hub.
Nothing pops up in the the Display Adapters.

I'm hoping that installing the right Legacy Driver will clean this up. Does anyone have a recommendation which Legacy Driver I should use?
Specs:
display hub: VisionTek VT1000 (model 901147)
Dell Inspiron 15-3567
Windows Home x64
Intel Core i5-7200U

Thanks a heap for any advice you might have to offer.
minzmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 12:01 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minzmon View Post
My wife has a VisionTek VT1000 dual-monitor hub, and it has stopped working. Having done some poking around online and on these boards and doing some troubleshooting, I'm fairly certain it's an issue with the driver.

This is because when I look in Programs, it only shows DisplayLink Graphics.
And when I plug the hub in, DEVICE MANAGER shows it only being recognized in Universal Serial Bus controllers as
Generic Superspeed USB Hub
and
Generic USB Hub.
Nothing pops up in the the Display Adapters.

I'm hoping that installing the right Legacy Driver will clean this up. Does anyone have a recommendation which Legacy Driver I should use?
Specs:
display hub: VisionTek VT1000 (model 901147)
Dell Inspiron 15-3567
Windows Home x64
Intel Core i5-7200U

Thanks a heap for any advice you might have to offer.
Based on the specifications of the docking station you are using --> https://www.visiontek.com/products/v...ocking-station the latest Windows driver from DisplayLink should work with the dock --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...nloads/windows

VisionTek also directs you to the latest DisplayLink driver within the 'Support' section of their product page.

When the latest driver is installed on Windows, it will appear as 'DisplayLink Graphics'. This is typical and expected.

That only the dock's hubs are being detected in Device manager suggests that there may be a hardware issue within the dock.

As a first step, I would suggest disconnecting the dock from power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting the power in order to reset the unit.

If things are still not working as expected, I would suggest contacting VisionTek directly for assistance --> https://www.visiontek.com/pages/contact
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote