Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhatia View Post
I am having the following issues with my XPS 13 (Win 7 64bit) and Kensington Dock:

After updating the latest display link drivers (6.3) and USB drivers (3.5.56):

1. The ethernet port on the dock does not work
2. Gives me the following error - Display Adapter is not supported on this operating system version
3. The USB ports on the dock (keyboard, mouse) seem to be working.

Any ideas?
Yes - please refer to this thread:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadegibson View Post
I finally got frustrated enough with having to do this every single day, so today I Googled the issue and found this thread. A couple weeks ago when the problem started I had uninstalled all of the DisplayLink software and drivers, then downloaded and reinstalled the latest DisplayLink 6.3m0 software, but that didn't help any. It was the same whether plugging into a USB 2 or 3 port. I also tried downloading the Fresco USB drivers posted earlier in the thread, but upon installing it said it couldn't find any Fresco USB controllers (my dock apparently has a Texas Instruments Root USB Hub).
If you have a TI Root Hub in your laptop, the Fresco drivers are not going to work. You need to update the TI drivers, which can be found here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/texas-ins.htm

And for anyone else wanting to update the USB 3.0 drivers in their laptop, the latest drivers are linked from this article in our knowledgebase.

I would have expected it to work when plugging into a USB 2.0 port. When you connect to a USB 2.0 port and have the issue, can you use device manager, and "View Devices By Connection" and drill down the USB bus to see how much of the dock has appeared on the bus? Is the root hub of the USB dock there or is it just the DisplayLink USB chip that is missing?

Wim
Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
wadegibson

Wim - I updated to the latest Ti USB3 drivers, but I'm still experiencing the same problems. After the Ti USB3 update I now have an Unknown Device showing up under the Generic USB Hub section in Device Manager. However, the Texas Instruments USB Root Hub and XHCI Controller show up fine.

I've attached a couple Device Manager screenshots if that helps any. The first is normal view (devices by type) of USB, second is devices by connection. Under device by connection I don't see the Ti USB.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png usb1.PNG (17.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg usb2.jpg (18.2 KB, 4 views)
wadegibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
pbhatia

Can you pls. point me to the latest Kensington SW? When i do a search on sd400v on this link nothing shows up.

http://www.kensington.com/kensington...redrivers.aspx
pbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
pbhatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - please refer to this thread:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

Wim
C:\Users\pooja_bhatia\Desktop\Capture.png
pbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #26
Wim

V5.5 from kensington can be downloaded here.

http://accoblobstorageus.blob.core.w...c38c3fdef5.zip

Wim
Old 03-20-2014, 03:41 AM   #27
Kevin Parker

Cool Driver Installation "Problem FIXED!"

I have Windows 7 Professional running on a 64 bit processor and I had the same problem. When the Targus USB 3 Docking Station is plugged in for the first time and the drivers start to install—select “Skip obtaining driver software from Windows Update” for all drivers being installed.

Problem FIXED!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skip Windows Update.jpg (20.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Kevin Parker; 03-21-2014 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Problem fixed
Kevin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
JamesH

Hi,

You can pickup the latest Fresco drivers from here:
http://www.frescologic.com/support.php (FLUSB3.0-3.5.106.0)

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #29
paulsparrow

THANKS! It worked. Spent days on this. You are my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwh2 View Post
Hi folks!

I spent many hours wrestling with my Targus SuperSpeed USB3 Dual Monitor Docking Station, but now I've finally got it to work reliably! (kind of)

I found that when I plugged in the docking station the OS would detect the USB Hub, but not the display adapters. They would not show up in device manager. When I unplugged the docking station and plug it in again, the same thing happenned.

However...

Instead of unplugging the USB and plugging it in again, try leaving the USB plugged in. Instead, unplug the power to the docking station and then plug it in again. When I do this the second time round the OS detects all the UBS display adapters - they appear in device manager and the DisplayLink UI then appears in the system tray.

Even now, every time I turn on the computer I have to unplug the power to the docking station and then plug it in again before it is fully detected by the OS.

Hope this helps! Let me know,

John

-----

Samsung Q310 Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Targus USB3 PC Express expansion card
paulsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote