Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #1
psufan32

Default Issues w/ Latitude 5400 / Dell D6000 Dock

Having various issues with my Dell Latitude 5400 laptop and peripherals and the Dell D6000 docks.

I've tried two different D6000 docks and changed out the keyboard/mouse and the issues persist.

First dock - issues mainly with keyboard in which either letters are typed multiple times (i.e. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii) or, keystrokes don't register. Also, issues in which hitting enter on the keyboard would not wake the laptop. Had to open laptop and wake and then close lid again. Issues in which monitors would not recognize connection and I'd have to disconnect and re-connect the dock for it to work.

Second dock - Keyboard issues are worse. Way worse. Also, one of the USB-A ports isn't recognizing connections.

Running updated version of Windows 11, and laptop is updated via Dell Command Update.
psufan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please make sure that your D6000 are running the latest firmware. You can do that by running the Dell Universal Dock (D6000) Firmware Update Utility .

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:12 PM   #3
psufan32

HI there,

Firmware is up-to-date.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:51 AM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

The issue with the keyboard happens only with external keyboards connected to D6000 or (if using laptop) does the internal keyboard does the same thing?
Also did you test connecting the keyboards directly to the computer?

Does the issue happen in all screens so external monitors connected to the dock or directly to the computer and the built in screen (in case of a laptop)?

Also in case of that second D6000 which you mentioned is worse - what are you connecting exactly to the non-working USB-A port?

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:21 PM   #5
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
Having various issues with my Dell Latitude 5400 laptop and peripherals and the Dell D6000 docks.

I've tried two different D6000 docks and changed out the keyboard/mouse and the issues persist.

First dock - issues mainly with keyboard in which either letters are typed multiple times (i.e. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii) or, keystrokes don't register. Also, issues in which hitting enter on the keyboard would not wake the laptop. Had to open laptop and wake and then close lid again. Issues in which monitors would not recognize connection and I'd have to disconnect and re-connect the dock for it to work.

Second dock - Keyboard issues are worse. Way worse. Also, one of the USB-A ports isn't recognizing connections.

Running updated version of Windows 11, and laptop is updated via Dell Command Update.
In regard to the repeating keystroke issue you describe, there is a different thread that discusses similar behavior --> https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=68248

I would suggest you read the entirety of the other thread for context, however the short version is that the ultimate solution to the keystroke issue was to apply a 'Dell USB-C Patch' update to the host system --> https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER034..._SETUP_ZPE.exe
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:16 PM   #6
psufan32

Applied the USB-C patch and that seems to have solved the keyboard issues. The mouse can still be a bit jumpy. The issues apply only when using an external mouse and keyboard with USB receivers plugged into the dock. No issues with native keyboard and trackpad.

As for the USB-A port, I've tried my printer, keyboard, and mouse.

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #7
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
Applied the USB-C patch and that seems to have solved the keyboard issues. The mouse can still be a bit jumpy. The issues apply only when using an external mouse and keyboard with USB receivers plugged into the dock. No issues with native keyboard and trackpad.

As for the USB-A port, I've tried my printer, keyboard, and mouse.

Thank you.
Your latest update suggests that the keyboard and mouse you are using are wireless devices that use a USB wireless receiver 'dongle' to connect to the host. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Presuming for the moment my impression is correct, the mouse behavior you describe sounds like it could be the result of some type of wireless interference.

To help rule that out, I would suggest moving the wireless receiver for the mouse to a different USB port within the dock to see if the behavior changes.

If changing the location does not change the behavior, adding a short USB 2.0 extension cable to move the wireless receiver further away from the dock may also help.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote