Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
peterBthornton

Default ASUS MB168B not working with MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

Hello,

I just got a new computer from my company and now my ASUS MB168B portable monitor does not work with the new MacBook Pro. It is running Mojave 10.14.6 and I downloaded the latest Displaylink driver 5.2 but all I get when I plug in the monitor to USB through the dongle is a flickering black screen before it goes completely blank. The monitor is not recognized in the display settings at all.

I have read that this is an issue with new Mac OX, but I have not come across any solutions yet. If anyone knows how to fix this, please give a detailed step by step response. Or if there isn't a fix yet, can we please get an updated driver so that this monitor will still be usable with the new Mac software?

Thanks,
Peter
peterBthornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
dzivy

Default Monitor MB168B mojave

hello, could you solve the problem? I want to buy the monitor, and I have a Macbook Pro 2012 mid with Mojave, I would like to know if it is compatible.
dzivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
Helen C

Default ASUS MB168B and MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzivy View Post
hello, could you solve the problem? I want to buy the monitor, and I have a Macbook Pro 2012 mid with Mojave, I would like to know if it is compatible.
Hi,

I recently bought a Asus MB168B monitor but did not work on my Macbook Pro 2012, Mojave 10.14.6 despite downloading all the latest driver software. I tried on a different laptop (Dell, running Windows 10) and it worked perfectly. I concluded that it was a software issue. I decided to return the monitor in the end.

HC
Helen C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus mb168b, mac ox, macbook pro, mojave 10.14.6, monitor