Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-20-2022, 06:49 PM   #1
Sergio.Rinaldi

Default User-mode driver crash - Surface 8

Hi I'm running a Surface Pro 8 windows 10 with docking station.

I get this critical error typically always when in a MS Teams call which freezes the call on my end:

The device AN2440D3 (location Port_#0006.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

All connected monitors flash on and off and all bluetooth devices disconnect. The only way to get back is a complete restart.

I've tried changing the displaylink usb adaptor (both hdmi and dvi versions) and also tried plugging the adaptor into the onboard surface usb-c port directly instead of the docking station usb port, same result. please help!

...update, i also have tried completely unplugging the usb video adaptor during a MS teams call and the error happened again.

Last edited by Sergio.Rinaldi; 07-20-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Sergio.Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:21 PM   #2
Sergio.Rinaldi

I stumbled across another forum describing my issues and there is was related to using ethernet plugged into the surface dock. I unplugged the ethernet cable and have been exclusively using wifi only on the surface and so far the issue hasn't occurred again.
Sergio.Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote